my suspension bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my suspension bad!

how much would it cost me to get everything in my suspension changed?? well maybe not everything but like all the joints springs the arms...and idk what else...i might need...i dont think i need to change my steernig but not sure...how much does this all come out??

It won't be cheap.
    Contact TAS, they should have everything you need.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

That cost could vary ALOT. You need to find out exactly what parts are bad and then replace them. Then you have to decide if you want oem replacements, or performance parts. For example, some new oem replacement shocks/struts can be bought for about $170 for all four, while Koni yellow shocks run around 300 for just two.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
        It won't be cheap.
        Contact TAS, they should have everything you need.
        x2

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

**SHIT** web page backed out on me and somehow posted my half typed comment
          Last edited by GreenMadness; 10-20-2008, 03:51 PM.
          Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
            I completed my set suspension using new OEM honda bushings/ball joints, tokico illuminas w/matched springs, and ingalls camber kit, and poly sway bar kit, axles, thISis was a full restore, nothing old was used and i recoated my wheel wells... for an outstanding total of..... ~
            Since when is "~" a measure of currency?

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I completed my set suspension using new OEM honda bushings/ball joints, tokico illuminas w/matched springs, and ingalls camber kit, and poly sway bar kit, axles, bearings, tie-rods, ect.

This was a full restore, nothing old was used and i recoated my wheel wells... for an outstanding total of.....

~$1100 + the tires to use it!

Yep, its expensive, well worth every penny, simply the fact that my accord and a 08 civic have the same ride quality (neither are cadillacs) and i can out handle it make it worth the hassle.

BUT, this is the OEM route, you can drop the honda parts and probably cut the price in half!
              Last edited by GreenMadness; 10-20-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                Since when is "~" a measure of currency?
                ITs the new American currency.... the squiggly line.... up and down it goes where it stops... nobody knows! sometimes used when a standard currency ($) varys so much it could end up a peso or an eruo

Comment

well i believe i will have to change everything but the springs....cuz ill use the old ones for now...and change them to lowering springs soon...thats why.....do the springs cost alot?? i mean...like lower the total cost of my repair?

Comment

the springs arn't that much, the shock/spring combo was around 450 shipped. but im willing to bet your shocks have seen better days, and while just replacing the shocks will be fine, im going to warn you... once you put springs on the new shocks its not going to be something you are jumping for joy to try again.

I guess i should really ask what your story is, i.e: 16 yr old in high school trying to have some fun, a broke college student trying to get to class, someone with a job trying to get to work everyday... while still being broke,

or i guess the rarest of rare... a well to do person trying to fix a early 90's accord

Comment

well im a student...wanting to fix a 90s accord but this is also my daily driver and like hoping to use my car for a long time...when me and my friend took off my wheel i noticed a gap in i believe the upper arm i think its the bushings...so yea...im just not exactly what i should say to the mechanic..and what he should look at....haha so yea thanks for the estimate

Comment

hmm i would say the TASauto kit is gonna be your best bet. as long as you dont use your accord as a racecar the parts will last you a while. if a mechanic is doing the work its gonna be ALOT... my price was JUST parts, i installed everything myself.

Please, explain this gap. i can't think of anywhere a "gap" could be that would indicate wear in the upper control arm

Comment

i think its like a wear in the bushings at the top it looks like a rubber peice and its looks old and stuff and missing half of it...so yea...over here in LA lots of pot holes i guess that might cause that...and also this is the original stock suspension never been change thatts all why this is a concern for me...i hope that kinda gives u a thought of the gap im talking about...i dont have a digital camera at the moment...so i cant take the pictures....and idk if i can see the gap with the wheel there...srry...

Comment

it cost me over $2000 to rebuild me front suspension, without my coil overs. i have poly bushings, adjustable camber bolts, adjustable boll joints wheel bearings and a lot more. everything is new. is the gap at the at the back of the top control arm? if so it is the camber bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                              I completed my set suspension using new OEM honda bushings/ball joints, tokico illuminas w/matched springs, and ingalls camber kit, and poly sway bar kit, axles, bearings, tie-rods, ect.

This was a full restore, nothing old was used and i recoated my wheel wells... for an outstanding total of.....

~$1100 + the tires to use it!

Yep, its expensive, well worth every penny, simply the fact that my accord and a 08 civic have the same ride quality (neither are cadillacs) and i can out handle it make it worth the hassle.

BUT, this is the OEM route, you can drop the honda parts and probably cut the price in half!
                              What do you mean recoated my wheel wells?
                              Show me!

Comment

Working...
                              X