keep blowin 80A fuses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep blowin 80A fuses!

90 accord ex 5 speed... I keep blowing 80a battery fuses..last time it happened was today when I was on the 10 fwy.. some guy locked up his brakes so I broke hard behind him.. my car lost all power. I checked under the hood and I had blown another 80a fuse.. so to get me out of the fix I was in I jumped the fuse with a paper clip.. I was able to start the car and be on my way. While I was on my way to autozone my stereo was turning on and off.. that's all the info I can think of.. anyone have any ideas why I keep blowing 80a fuses?

Bad battery maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
      Bad battery maybe?
      What's your theory?

Comment

Short somewhere in the brake lights?

Strange though, that should blow other fuses first. I dunno

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It dosnt blow everytime I hit the brake.. it blows sometimes when I brake hard

Comment

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
            It dosnt blow everytime I hit the brake.. it blows sometimes when I brake hard
            you probably dont have your battery mounted down and when you hit the brakes hard your battery tilts up and both your battery terminals touch the hood, and cause a direct short and blow the fuse.......

Comment

Originally posted by old honda tek View Post
              you probably dont have your battery mounted down and when you hit the brakes hard your battery tilts up and both your battery terminals touch the hood, and cause a direct short and blow the fuse.......
              I think your right.. I don't have the battery tie downs.. where can I get some

Comment

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
                I think your right.. I don't have the battery tie downs.. where can I get some
                you can probably get some OEM ones from majestic honda, but you could also find one of several other ways of putting it in there. on the ghetto end, you could use a couple of strong bunjee cords or cut down a ratchet strap fo hold it to the battery tray, or on the more legit side of things you can fabricate your own tie down with a hunk of aluminum or sheetmetal and some long eye-bolts.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by old honda tek View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking. I really do not understand why the OP did not come to this logical conclusion, especially when they know they do not have battery tie-downs in place. They are there for a reason.

Also, make sure your battery connections are secure to battery post/terminals. Take the time to assess condition of both battery cables and replace those necessary, so you prevent problems.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-21-2010, 11:11 AM.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I think it might be something else... my radio cuts off on real bumpy roads.. I'm thinking I'm going to have 2 take it to a stereo shop and have them check the wiring

Comment

Start with the battery tie down. You can get them cheap at the wreckers.

A stereo cutting in and out is more than likely something else (perhaps bad stereo harness wiring, loose ground, etc). I can't see the 80A fuse blowing out from something related to the stereo though.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                        Start with the battery tie down. You can get them cheap at the wreckers.

A stereo cutting in and out is more than likely something else (perhaps bad stereo harness wiring, loose ground, etc). I can't see the 80A fuse blowing out from something related to the stereo though.
                        Alright alright.. ima get some tie downs frm my boi darkcloud.. and then I'll check the wiring on the HU

Comment

Lots of cars have stereos that cut out on bumps. that's a bad harness or connection usually. If your CD skips but the stereo stays on that's because the CD moved inside the stereo when you hit the bump.

And of course it's the lack of a tie down, if you really wanna check look at the underside of your hood, near the battery. See those dents and black burn marks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            Lots of cars have stereos that cut out on bumps. that's a bad harness or connection usually. If your CD skips but the stereo stays on that's because the CD moved inside the stereo when you hit the bump.

And of course it's the lack of a tie down, if you really wanna check look at the underside of your hood, near the battery. See those dents and black burn marks?

its not the cd skipping.. the whole stereo loses power then 2 secs later comes back on.. and i dont have any burn marks under the hood

Comment

Working...
                            X