No announcement yet.

Failed smog.. help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is alot more adjustment then that. Retarding the timming as far as the distributer can go and the car still runs.

HC'c and Co's will go up but NOx will go down. It will run like shit and have no power but it should pass.

Once it passes you and adjust your timming before leaving the test center.

OR

Clean out your EGR
    Last edited by ATS666; 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Well I guess ima have to clean out my egr and egr ports.. today I started missfiring a bit around 2200 rpm.. my question is does everyone take out their I'M or do they do you clean out the ports with the I'M on the car?.. I ask because I looked @ my A6 and it dosnt look like I can get to the ports.. maybe I'll have room if I remove the iacv anf fitv

Comment

you have to remove stuff to get to it. and if you adjust the timing too far, you will fail for timing adjustment as well.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how much time did you drive the car after the new cat install?
          my smog guy told me when i replaced mine to drive the car around for a while because the cat does not work as it should when new.. it has to burn off all the shit i dont know if that affects the nox

Comment

Where is this guy from? communist Cali???

Here in toronto ontario they dont check timming for an etest.

Idle test
            Load test (unless it's a full time AWD)
            Gas cap test

They pretend to do a visual but dont actually look at anyhing.

Easy as pie.

Comment

Lol.. yes i live in cali.. and i think i drove the car for 2 days after i got the new cat.. the hesitation on the car is getting worse.. im gonna end up doing the ports.. anyone feel like driving to my pad and helping me? there will be beer for ya lol

Comment

Working...
              X