Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will Led Strips Melt In The Stock Headlight Housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Led Strips Melt In The Stock Headlight Housing?

I want to do a custom headlight job, with the 'halo' look without the ccfl rings ( i dont like the look of them ). And when I do so, I was going to put leds around the light like this ===> and i want to run the headlights with the leds on as well. So will they melt while the headlight is on?
    My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

Didn't u send me 10 pm's about this.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Didn't u send me 10 pm's about this.
      yeah sort of. you told me that if i do so my leds would be fine, but ive been getting different answers to the whole melting of the strip. so i thought id try to get more answers about it. havent had much luck searching on google, so i tried again to confirm what you told me.

Comment

You want to put led strip around the halo rings?
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          You want to put led strip around the halo rings?
          No i want to use LED Strips instead of halo rings

Comment

the leds should be fine, as long as your running a HiD, alot of people think HiDs run hot, when in fact they are much cooler than halogens. It should work for whatever you have in mind. only real way to find out is to try it, good luck!
            Last edited by DanCan; 04-01-2012, 08:46 PM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
              the leds should be fine, as long as your running a HiD, alot of people think HiDs run hot, when in fact they are much cooler than halogens. It should work for whatever you have in mind. only real way to find out is to try it, good luck!
              Thanks, but thats the thing im going to be running halogens with the leds, oh well guess ill just have to see for myself. Time to get a back up pair of headlights

Comment

if the light bulb is close to the led it might melt the led in time

Comment

What about if the LED strip is ran and wrap around on top of the headlight housing instead? Would the halogen bulb be hot enough to go through the housing and melt the LED strip on the outside?

Thanks.

Comment

it wont melt. Ive done it before. /thread.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                      it wont melt. Ive done it before. /thread.
                      Could you show me some pics of the final product? I would like to see your idea.
                      Thanks.

Comment

no problem dude.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the LED strips are inside the housing. But your low beam bulbs don't look like halogen? They are too white. Is that right?
                          Thanks.

Comment

They are HID's. But they still never got hot either way.

Comment

Working...
                            X