h22 swap timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swap timing belt

anyone of you guys done a timing belt job on a h22 swap cb7?..my intake cam is off a tooth and theres barely enough room to for the belt to slip off the camgear

where are you having troubles? removing the belt? make sure you release the tension on the belt first.
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

if im not mistaken all the twin cam honda motors have a hole drilled in the cam and on of the cam caps so you can put a screw or alan key down to lock them at dtc.....you have to take off the valve cover tho.

my new turbo build

Comment

im not actually having trouble with the timing belt itself...im jw if anyone has done a timing belt job with the h22 inside a accord because it looks impossible to get the belt off and on..there just doesnt seem like theres enough room

Comment

I've done it. It is definitely not an easy job, but it is possible. I kept the floor jack under the motor and raised and lowered it to make access a bit easier.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

You have to remove the drivers side mount to remove and replace the timing belt. I just did it, it's not that hard
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

It looks tight in there, but once you go for it, it ain't that bad after all. Like theSOB said, you'll need to remove the timing belt side mount to make room and get the t-belt in.

Originally posted by toycar
              Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Provided you havent done manual tensioner conversion. If drink a bottle of patience first.

Comment

I did mine took me almost all day.first time doing a timing belt with all the right info its a lot easier, I still have all the web pages I went threw for detailed info include pics to.let me know if u need them

Comment

what the point of doing the manual tensioner. im gonna be doing my timming belt soon and i wanna know if i shoud do the manual tensioner swap.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
                      what the point of doing the manual tensioner. im gonna be doing my timming belt soon and i wanna know if i shoud do the manual tensioner swap.
                      The auto tensioner has been known to fail causing the belt to skip teeth and bend valves. It is well documented here and on other forums.
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X