Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Logic Motorsports Tri-Y Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
    i just watched a video where three headers were compared, the Logic tri-y, a Bisi, and a RMF. the Logic had a stronger mid, and a higher peak number.

anyone running these headers on a CB7 w/H22a? if so, what kind of numbers where you getting?

also, how was the fitment? any crossmember notching or anything? at 399 it was by far the most cost effective choice.

input?
    If you were to read the reviews posted on Logics website, there's a review from a CB7 owner specifically stating he had to notch the cross member.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
      https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/prod...h2b-header.htm

This is the header I have, I don't know which header the OP, or whoever in this thread is talking about but.... This header is trash IMO

Edit: I see you are talking about a different header, sorry, but do not get this header^^^
      What specifically did you not like about this header?

I, too, am in search of an affordable performance header for the h22 (despite the slight contradiction)
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
        If you were to read the reviews posted on Logics website, there's a review from a CB7 owner specifically stating he had to notch the cross member.
        i dont know how i missed that... i think because i mainly read about it on honda-tech.com marketplace threads. but yeah, i read it and dude said he notched the c-member, but it cleared the stock fans and everything. im going to order it and give it a shot.

Comment

i dont know how i missed that... i think because i mainly read about it on honda-tech.com marketplace threads. but yeah, i read it and dude said he notched the c-member, but it cleared the stock fans and everything. im going to order it and give it a shot.
          I only know it's there because I am considering this header for my F20B swap.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

For the price, this header is surely a knockoff... I don't approve of that. Most likely, it's a copy of the HyTech design, as anything bearing the "tri-y" name tends to do.

Just FYI, "try-y" is just an oldschool name for a 4-2-1 header, as opposed to the 4-1 designs that the others are. 4-2-1 designs ALWAYS give a stronger midrange, whereas the 4-1 headers (used for race cars) are better up top. The reason this one probably performed better up top is because the engine it was used on was surely stock... and not built to make power where those other race headers are designed to flow best.

The price is nice, I'll admit... but I can't imagine a company putting enough R&D into design and testing to make that much power, only to practically give the header away. Even ESP's H22 header wasn't that cheap, and they made an effort to provide the lowest price possible (with proper quality and testing, WITHOUT ripping off someone else's design.)
            Companies that rip off existing designs just to undercut the original manufacturer of that design are killing our aftermarket. They drive the real companies away from our market, or out of business completely, then they ditch us when the hype dies down. What are we left with? Cheap $50 "ebay" crap.

Comment

the engine they tested the 3 headers on was a built H22a. cams, valvetrain, mild RLZ porting, forged internals, etc.

Bisi: made 244.9 whp, at 7400rpms, weakest mid range.

RMF: 245.8 whp at 7900rpms better mid, good peak

Logic: 246.3 at 7650 rpms. strong mid, good peak

It really is the best bang for your buck. yeah, its similar to the SMSP design, but not the same. And guess where Honda tuners got the idea for the Tri-Y design?

Akrapovic. yep, the motorcycle exhaust company used the Tri-Y design in the late 80's. So, pretty much any tri-y honda header is a knock off of Acrapovic designs and the many other companies that used that concept. the tri-y concept has been used for way longer than that with all sorts of headers. These guys didnt just copy the design from SMSP. they redesigned the collector, all the runner lengths, and did develop it for months before it was released. they even had contact with Dave from SMSP while developing it. Besides, SMSP doesnt even produce them at volume anymore. Even the dude from RMF passed. I dont think those designs should go down with them or their companies. Not to mention i dont believe there is any sort of patent on it. these guys (Logic) arent making outrageous claims, they give credit where its due, and they dont claim to be any sort of pioneers of the design.

im going to try it out, i need mid range usable street power. cant beat the price.
              Last edited by Mt.HOODrat; 09-05-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

heres the vid. http://vimeo.com/30353942

and for what its worth, the test was done by a third party with no bias towards any of the products. the guy who did it even goes to say that he used all three in a race season, and that all three were great headers. he has no motivation to lie or pull the wool over anyones eyes. he wants to go faster, thats it.

and one could argue that they didnt have the overlays for tq, but it all started because Bisi likes to boast about his peak numbers, so a group of people wanted to show that other headers were capable of peak numbers as well.

Comment

Yea that private label header is crap. Mine leaks like a MFer from the slip fits. I had the whole thing welded into one piece

Comment

Both Bisi and Logic headers are made overseas, logic is made in taiwain and bisi if i recall is china. Logic is a joke, i had ordered one but they were acting funny so i cancelled my order. You do have to notch the living hell out of the crossmember, so often times guys purchase a esp front traction bar.
                    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
                      Both Bisi and Logic headers are made overseas, logic is made in taiwain and bisi if i recall is china. Logic is a joke, i had ordered one but they were acting funny so i cancelled my order. You do have to notch the living hell out of the crossmember, so often times guys purchase a esp front traction bar.
                      At least the logic is priced accordingly I guess.

I have noticed that the Honda tech guys have been happy with their dealings with them, so who knows... How where they acting sketchy?

Comment

you know what....

i TRIED to buy the logic tri-y a few months back... SHITTY COMPANY !! i payed via ordering online with paypal. after a month of not receiveing my header i called and they had said all the headers are coming from over seas and are stuck in customs could be another week. Paypal had a new 45 day claim policy thing so im now a 30 days into waiting. i wait for the following week day 37. i call daily and leave messages no one gets back to me. Day 41 i call and leave a message that stats i will file a claim in 2 days (day43) with paypal.

i recieved a call not 3 hours later trying to talk there way out of giving me a refund and fileing a claim. I received a refund on day45.

tl;dr - i paid 45 days no header, got refund. shit company.
                        Last edited by tutsuo; 09-05-2012, 03:20 PM.
                        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

the engine they tested the 3 headers on was a built H22a. cams, valvetrain, mild RLZ porting, forged internals, etc.

Bisi: made 244.9 whp, at 7400rpms, weakest mid range.

RMF: 245.8 whp at 7900rpms better mid, good peak

Logic: 246.3 at 7650 rpms. strong mid, good peak

It really is the best bang for your buck. yeah, its similar to the SMSP design, but not the same. And guess where Honda tuners got the idea for the Tri-Y design?

Akrapovic. yep, the motorcycle exhaust company used the Tri-Y design in the late 80's. So, pretty much any tri-y honda header is a knock off of Acrapovic designs and the many other companies that used that concept. the tri-y concept has been used for way longer than that with all sorts of headers. These guys didnt just copy the design from SMSP. they redesigned the collector, all the runner lengths, and did develop it for months before it was released. they even had contact with Dave from SMSP while developing it. Besides, SMSP doesnt even produce them at volume anymore. Even the dude from RMF passed. I dont think those designs should go down with them or their companies. Not to mention i dont believe there is any sort of patent on it. these guys (Logic) arent making outrageous claims, they give credit where its due, and they dont claim to be any sort of pioneers of the design.

im going to try it out, i need mid range usable street power. cant beat the price.
                          You realize that the "tri-y" design is exactly what you'll find on a bone-stock F22A4 or F22A6, right? As well as any H22A or H23A. It's just 4 pipes merging into 2, then those 2 merging into 1. 4-2-1. It's not rocket science. That asshole from kiddracing (the one that blatantly copied HyTech's design, and the one that is primarily responsible for my seething hatred for such scum) tried to make "tri-y" into some "special" design, and the kiddies all fell for it! It's a dated term, since 4-2-1 has become the standard term in the Honda world.

Anyway, if they're influenced by SMSP, and had Dave's blessing in the creation of their header (rather than shadily copying Dave's design), then I have more respect for them. It's true, no header is going to be 100% original... not unless the makers decide to reinvent the wheel... but those that copy a previously R&D'd design and manufacture it cheaply overseas using inferior materials and labor... those companies are despicable.

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
                          To my knowledge, Bisi has never admitted to having his headers made overseas. He's admitted to having his metal imported (the F22A header group buy was delayed due to customs, we were told), but manufacturing of the actual headers is something we've always been led to believe was done by a fabricator that worked under Bisi's direct scrutiny. I have seen the evidence suggesting this is bunk, though... and I also have a good deal of evidence suggesting that the "custom to your setup" claim is no better.
                          I'm not knocking Bisi, but there are some things that are slowly coming out that are going to rip a hole in his hull if he doesn't clear things up satisfactorily sooner or later!
                          Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                          you know what....

i TRIED to buy the logic tri-y a few months back... SHITTY COMPANY !! i payed via ordering online with paypal. after a month of not receiveing my header i called and they had said all the headers are coming from over seas and are stuck in customs could be another week. Paypal had a new 45 day claim policy thing so im now a 30 days into waiting. i wait for the following week day 37. i call daily and leave messages no one gets back to me. Day 41 i call and leave a message that stats i will file a claim in 2 days (day43) with paypal.

i recieved a call not 3 hours later trying to talk there way out of giving me a refund and fileing a claim. I received a refund on day45.

tl;dr - i paid 45 days no header, got refund. shit company.
                          A company that offers such low prices has to cut corners somewhere. Chances are, Logic is just a part-time deal. Guys send specs to a fabricator overseas, order up a batch of headers once people have sent enough money to pay for them, and ship them out as they come in.
                          For a low price on a quality piece, I'd wait... but communication would be nice.

When the time comes for my H22 build, I hope we have a quality header manufacturer that's still producing parts for us... It seems most of them are abandoning the old platform, or closing shop completely.

Comment

Good post deave! I dont want my fellow brothers to get ripped off that's all. Bisi's headers aren't made for each individual, they are batch made overseas. This has been blown wide open in many places. It started on Honda-tech, anyone can search for the facts.
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I've seen the facts... and I don't doubt it. I was just saying that Bisi and his staff have never admitted it (though I don't recall them blatantly saying they were made in the US, either... it's always been a vague response given any time I saw it... so they're not lying, per se... just not advertising that their headers are likely being made alongside all the "ebay" shite you can buy for $50. )

Comment

I was looking into this header but hearing about the poor customer service ill pass. Price isnt bad at all. Im looking into a tri-y design regardless, so we will see what will happen. I wont get a BISI header bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                                X