Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        Nice car BTW.
        Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
        nice!
        Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
        Nice.
        Thanks guys!
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome car man!!!!
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
            Awesome car man!!!!
            Thanks man!

Anyone recommend a certain wax for black cars?

I'm leaning towards Zymol Carbon

Comment

It's not really a wax, but i've heard really good things about opticoat.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've begun the full detailing process with this car. I started on the wheel arches. Sprayed Megs APC 4:1 on, pressure washed off, applied again, scrubbed, pressure washed. Then gave a coat of Sonus Trim & Motor Kote, dried with a heat gun, then buffed with a microfiber.

Did the engine bay too. Use Megs APC 4:1 on the under side of the hood, and Griot's Garage Engine Cleaner on the bay. Pressure washed off, re-applied, scrubbed with a soft brush on the bay, and a bone sponge on the hood. Shot the underside of the hood with some Megs Ultimate Spray Wax, and gave the bay two coats of Sonus Trim and Motor Kote with about 20 minutes of drying in between. Buffed with a microfiber. Applied some Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Trim Protectant on the hood seals.

Comment

Nice ebay coilover sleeves, noob!!!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Very nice car

Since i can't afford to buy one of these, i'm currently looking into getting an e46 m3. performance is around the same for a price more in my budget. I've began selling off the cars i own that i don't need and working my ass off to get a decent down payment.

Comment

Beautiful work. I need to focus more on my car this year...I keep correcting and inadvertently hologramming.

Are those threads stainless? If not, or honestly even if they are, I'd take some time to protect the threads before they seize up on you.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        Beautiful work. I need to focus more on my car this year...I keep correcting and inadvertently hologramming.

Are those threads stainless? If not, or honestly even if they are, I'd take some time to protect the threads before they seize up on you.
                        Thanks guys!

Yes, the threads are stainless. The Sonus is an acrylic sealant that will provide some protection. This car doesn't/won't get driven when there is salt on the roads anyways. Or any snow for that matter.

Hologramming? Do you use a rotary polisher and not a DA?

Tippey, I got this car for less than you might think. I'm not sure what E46 M3's go for, but you should shop around for 135i's. The instant low-end 300+ lb-ft torque is something the E46 doesn't have and it's oh so fun.
                        Last edited by mndude07; 03-19-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Sexy. Are you the first owner?
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                            Sexy. Are you the first owner?
                            Nope, its a 2009. It had 55k miles when I bought it. The first owner took meticulous care of the car though. He is the owner of an IT consulting firm, and former president of the Porsche club of St. Louis. This was his "cheap" car lol. Everything serviced when needed, always kept clean, no signs of wear on any of the upholstery, switches, etc.

The mods are quality and tasteful as well...parts that I would have chosen myself if I had bought the car stock. Of course with time, I plan to improve the suspension further (though you can read a book at 120mph). I will also be adding engine performance parts to net me near 400hp and 400tq to the wheels. That, combined with some parts to cut about 150lbs off the car, should be a very potent package!
                            Last edited by mndude07; 03-19-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              Thanks guys!

Yes, the threads are stainless. The Sonus is an acrylic sealant that will provide some protection. This car doesn't/won't get driven when there is salt on the roads anyways. Or any snow for that matter.

Hologramming? Do you use a rotary polisher and not a DA?

Tippey, I got this car for less than you might think. I'm not sure what E46 M3's go for, but you should shop around for 135i's. The instant low-end 300+ lb-ft torque is something the E46 doesn't have and it's oh so fun.
                              I've got a PC7424. I'm not convinced it's not product being left on the paint, but after an IPA wipedown it's still present.

I was playing aroudn with Megs M105 and their DA kit with the Surbuf pads and didn't have all that much luck. I forget what the most recent LSP pad I was using, but while the car was 90% better than when I started, it was still annoying me to no end. Maybe it was because I was polishing outside, I dunno.

Soft black thin paint won't ever polish well I guess. Regardless it still looks better than 75% of the black cars on the roads when I'm done.

Comment

Oil change time: OEM BMW oil filter, UUC Motorwerks magnetic drain plug, and Amsoil 5W-30. Only the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X