H22 tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 tachometer

Alright so I have a JDM h22a euro r and I'm not sure how to hook up the tachometer I have the blue wire on the wiring harness and I'm not sure how to hook it up to the distributor
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Let me know of pics will help!
    93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Could you be more specific please? And yes pics would help too. Is this aftermarket, stock? More details.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        Could you be more specific please? And yes pics would help too. Is this aftermarket, stock? More details.
        Ok I'm sorry and yea it's stock ill get pics when I get home to put a picture to it on my wiring harness I have a blue wire sticking it was left out after the swap and wasn't sure how to hook it up to the JDM h22 dizzy
        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

in this picture it shows i have the blue wire which im assuming is the tac wire coming from the wiring harness and you also see the dizzy how do i connect the two?
          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

are you using a obd 1 or 2 dizzy?
            COUPE K24

Comment

Is your wiring harness for an internal or external coil distributor? Do you have the corresponding distributor? This empty spot is for the positive side of the coil. If it's external, you will have a wire in that spot. You can tap into that for a tach reading if it's an aftermarket tach. Did it come out of this plug or was it added to the harness? You can see in the pic where a blue wire is supposed to be. Obviously if you're missing that wire then hook it up there.
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                ummm im not sure would it help if i gave you the year/model of my cb? can you find out from that information if so its a 93 lx model
                93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                  Is your wiring harness for an internal or external coil distributor? Do you have the corresponding distributor? This empty spot is for the positive side of the coil. If it's external, you will have a wire in that spot. You can tap into that for a tach reading if it's an aftermarket tach. Did it come out of this plug or was it added to the harness? You can see in the pic where a blue wire is supposed to be. Obviously if you're missing that wire then hook it up there.
                  i checked and i am not missing that wire and when the swap was put in everything came complete and was dropped in with this wire left so im assuming i have to wrong dizzy for the harness correct? if so how easy would it be to connect this wire to the other dizzy?
                  93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                    I believe it's and obd2
                    93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
                      i checked and i am not missing that wire and when the swap was put in everything came complete and was dropped in with this wire left so im assuming i have to wrong dizzy for the harness correct? if so how easy would it be to connect this wire to the other dizzy?
                      I you had the wrong distributor the car wouldn't run. Are u missing ANY wires from that plug? It should be full. How do you know the blue wire is for the tach? Can you trace it back to anything? No extra wires are needed for the tach to work after H swaps
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I you had the wrong distributor the car wouldn't run. Are u missing ANY wires from that plug? It should be full. How do you know the blue wire is for the tach? Can you trace it back to anything? No extra wires are needed for the tach to work after H swaps
                        its what my mechanic told me i honestly dont trust him and ive traced it back to one of the three major plugs for the harness on the passenger side and no i am not missing and wires from the plug

if that doesnt make sense i can take a video real quick just let me know
                        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
                          its what my mechanic told me i honestly dont trust him and ive traced it back to one of the three major plugs for the harness on the passenger side and no i am not missing and wires from the plug

if that doesnt make sense i can take a video real quick just let me know
                          Trace the blue wire from your distributor as far as you can and see if it came unconnected. My guess is that it got cut and needs to be soldered back to the loose blue wire.
                          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Trace the blue wire from your distributor as far as you can and see if it came unconnected. My guess is that it got cut and needs to be soldered back to the loose blue wire.
                            alright i will do it now the blue wire coming from the dizzy is a light blue and the wire i have on the harness is a dark blue which slot should be the one for the tach going to the dizzy connector the empty spot on of the picture you posted earlier?
                            93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

heres a video of it
                              93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Working...
                              X