Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Avoid Spark Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid Spark Racing

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I have heard a few bad things about Spark Racing before I went ahead and placed an order with these guys, so I have no one to blame but myself. I figured that the bad transactions i had been reading about on honda-tech were just a vocal minority and that I would give this place a chance since they had a killer deal on H23 rods.

About a month ago I placed the order for H23 H-beam rods. About a week went by and I emailed them asking for a tracking number and if/when they would be shipped out. This is the reply:

Dear John:

We recently received a payment for your order. However, we were
    experiencing difficulty with our website server. If you can, please
    specify your order description again.

Thanks,
    Nathan
    Spark Racing

I emailed them back reiterating the order. H23 H beam rods. Another week goes by and I email asking for order tracking again and I get this response:

Hello John:

We apologize for the delay. We have been dealing with our web server
    issues. However, it will be back up in full force shortly. You ordered a
    set of H23 H-Beam rods. However, we only carry H22 H-Beam rods. If you are
    using an H22 crankshaft, then the rods will work fine or you can have them
    machined. The specs for the H22 H-Beam are as follow.

5.630" Length
    2.008" Crank Pin
    B.E Width .935"
    .866" Piston pin

Please let me know if this is okay.

Thanks,
    Nathan

So they don't even carry H23 rods! They're still listed on the website, by the way. I emailed them back asking for a refund, then i didn't hear from them for about 4 days, each of my previous emails were answered in less than 24 hours. So I emailed them asking about the refund, and Nathan replied saying that it was being processed. That was about a week ago.

I sent payment to these guys on Jan 16th, so it's been about a month of these guys giving me the run around. I just emailed them today asking for some resolution or I'm gonna get paypal involved in this.

I don't wanna sound like I'm whining about this, I just wanted to share what happened to me since alot of you guys building motors might be looking into this place since they're one of the few people who advertise that they have F22/H23 rods. The fact is THEY DON'T EVEN CARRY THEM, and their customer service blows. So stay away from these guys.

P.S.
    My name is Josh, and every email I recieved they call me John. I even made my name bold and larger font when I signed my emails hoping they would take notice. It doens't really matter, just bugged me.

damn man sorry to hear about this shit...are you getting rods for an h23 engine or f22? They are the same size, and if you get your refund i can give you the name and number of someone who i personally bought my forged h beams from for my f22 and have nothing but good things to say about! let me know man, pm me if you are interested...

again sorry to hear about spark fucking you over
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

They're going in an F block. Thanks for the offer but I've got a set on the way, from a member of cb7tuner. This whole deal has delayed the build though and so far is leaving me missing a decent chunk of change.

Comment

Okay, I've finnaly received an update from Spark. They DO sell H23 rods, it was a mix up on their part. He told me that they were misslabeled in there inventory and that he had overlooked them. I'm still expecting a refund from them though because I purchased a set of rods from a member here.

Comment

It's possible that that may be B.S. as well. If he knows you no longer expect business from them, then he might think by lying to you and telling you it was a mistake and they do sell them, that you won't come to a forum and ruin his sales. I sure as heck ain't gonna be the next guinea pig though. Sorry man.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

there are threads on all kinds of forums about spark racing and how they have ripped people off just like this...good luck to you, get paypal involved

on a side note, one time this dude was ripping my brother and i off of 250$ worth of flanges for our engines, for like 3 months, he only accepted money orders from people, so i did a reverse look up on his addy and fucking called his bitch ass up at his house *which was where i sent the money order* his mom picked up and i told her that her son (i forget his name) was ripping me off for some machine work, and she fucking ripped him a new asshole and i got my cash back and a couple flanges like 2 days later FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY! It was sweet. He was trying to run his dads machine shop while he was gone or something, but fuck him
            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

About those rods...

I can't comment on the level of customer service that Spark Racing provides, but I can probably shed some light on the rods they are carrying.

We offer the same rods from the same supplier, who buys from the same China manufacturer. I also believe that his is the same Chinese manufacturer that Crower uses for their econo billet rods. (Crower just happens to offer the exact same applications for Honda, that we offer, which is what our manufacturer offers. Hmmm!)

Our rods are sold under our own name brand, while I believe that Spark is just selling them as a no-name rod. It's been a while since I visited the Spark website, so that may have changed.

The measurements posted above are correct for the rods offered, and these measurements are closest to H22 rods. The rods in question are listed at 5.630" Length from the manufacturer. This is not the same as H23 Rods. The difference is in the center to center length, as H23 rods are 5.571" length.

There are greater differences between H22 and F22 rods.

Hope that helps,

Craig @ www.tunertoys.com

Comment

Spark got back to me yesterday regarding the refund, the refund is being processed in my paypal account. I technically haven't received the money yet, I'm assuming because they have nothing in their account to send. But this is giving me some hope. Not sure if these guys are the real deal or not, but if they are, they suck at doing buisness.

Comment

Working...
                X