Rear Strut Bushings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Strut Bushings!

Hey everyone got a little problem maybe someone can help out!

So recently overloaded my cb and in result the Rear Strut Bushings broke!

I remember seeing a DIY for it and there was some talk about a harder more durable bushing.......can anyone shed some light on this?

Links and comments are all welcome
    help me out thanks!

do you have pics of the damage?

Comment

Actually I just replaced one on friday. I was replacing struts and under about half my force the head snapped off the bolt. I removed the entire knuckle thing and removed all the brake components. Personally I'd hoped to just get the bolt out however it was rusted into the bushing. I cut the welded nut off the old strut thinking it was rusted there, which got the strut off but left the bolt in the bushing.

I purchased a Moog poly bushing at Advanced Auto parts. It cost $18. Then used a buddies press to push it out. However if the press hadn't been available I would say a vise and a couple good heavy sockets that could push and catch you could do it easy enough. Biggest issue were tho pessed in bolts that get in the way.

Hope this helps, good luck and I know the feeling.
      Last edited by Vancefish; 10-26-2008, 06:15 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

a company named hardrace makes them however they are fairly difficult to get into contact with because they reside in taiwan.
        you can try the USA dealer.

i just got a moog one too but havent installed it yet.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vancefish View Post
          Actually I just replaced one on friday. I was replacing struts and under about half my force the head snapped off the bolt. I removed the entire knuckle thing and removed all the brake components. Personally I'd hoped to just get the bolt out however it was rusted into the bushing. I cut the welded nut off the old strut thinking it was rusted there, which got the strut off but left the bolt in the bushing.

I purchased a Moog poly bushing at Advanced Auto parts. It cost $18. Then used a buddies press to push it out. However if the press hadn't been available I would say a vise and a couple good heavy sockets that could push and catch you could do it easy enough. Biggest issue were tho pessed in bolts that get in the way.

Hope this helps, good luck and I know the feeling.
          those liers they told me that they didn't sell that bushing

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8980

i included part numbers in my thread, and if you read into it further, it goes into other stiffer options.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well I ordered it yesterday but at this local shop. Paid 12 bucks

Comment