:Workout Thread:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:Workout Thread:

I wanted to gather the OT gym rats in here and have one massive thread dedicated to weight loss, weight gain, running, lifting, or whatever you're into. You don't even have to be a gym rat, I'm certainly not. I figured I'll start off with my weight/workout and you guys can follow.

I've been doing this for a while now on and off. I've found ephedrine to be the strongest fat burner thats even near being legal in America. About 50mg per day on top of 100mg of caffeine is about the same effect of a good bump of cocaine without all the shitty comedown effects lol. I use this when I want to cut weight off rather quickly on top of a strict diet and an hour plus a day of cardio. I can lose about 8lbs a week doing this. I've fluctuated in weight my entire life. I can be 280lbs and I can be 190lbs. Right now I'm at 240lbs looking to get back down to the 200lbs mark. I've lost about 15lbs so far in 3 weeks. While my g/f was pregnant I was eating what she was eating/when she was eating so it fucked my whole routine. Now that Peyton (our son) is getting to almost a year (he's 10 months) I'm trying to cut the weight back off and keep it off so he doesn't grow up with a fat father and learn bad eating habits. Cause god knows I love my beer, tortillas, and salsa. lol

Anyway, start posting.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

i play a lot of xbox.... but seriously im hitting up a run gonna start back slow.. 30 minute run... i hate when things in your life prevent you from going for a run. Stress from transitioning jobs , moving, waiting on a job, and studying for a certification. I decided im not going to quit cigarettes just cut back.. maybe go through 1 pack / week rather 2 days. Yeah since i said im going for a run in off topic that means its official now.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
      i play a lot of xbox.... but seriously im hitting up a run gonna start back slow.. 30 minute run... i hate when things in your life prevent you from going for a run. Stress from transitioning jobs , moving, waiting on a job, and studying for a certification. I decided im not going to quit cigarettes just cut back.. maybe go through 1 pack / week rather 2 days. Yeah since i said im going for a run in off topic that means its official now.
      Aren't you in the military? Doesn't your CO beat you guys if you get out of shape? lol

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
        Aren't you in the military? Doesn't your CO beat you guys if you get out of shape? lol
        i just got out... and i am usually the fastest guy in my unit.. yeah i started out in 75th ranger regiment..then joined the reserve then i left... the PT session in the morning was not beneficial to me in a non special operations unit.. yeah when i was a ranger we would run for 7 miles then go lift weights... but in the reserve we would run 2 miles and that would be it.. and people would be falling out.. it was kinda pathetic

but my lifestyle was like that before the military.. you would be suprised how many lazy fucks are in the military

i cant see myself not working out .. i have to go for a run it just makes you feel good

sometimes ill just go out and hit an 8 mile run down bayshore blvd. which is the longest sidewalk in the world... and im a smoker... i seriously gotta cut back tho.

Comment

I love to run and I'm a smoker also. Thats pretty cool you were a Ranger. You guys are some badass dudes.

Comment

"Excuse me, do you know where the weightroom is..?"

I am my own worst enemy. Procrastination is my middle name, lol. I need to lose weight period. Ill be 25 in December and i weigh alot more than i should. I refuse to use public rec centers. So im on my own as far as that is concerned. Id like to get a stationary bike. I know id be on that thing hours a day. I eat lunch, and dinner occassionally, so food isnt my problem, its just what i eat. Id like to cut soda out of my diet, eventhough i only average 1-2/day. I know it wont be easy, but i know i have the determination in me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I had a routine going, then work got in the way. I tend to work 100+ hours a week, and that doesn't leave much time or energy for a workout! I focus on my eating habits as best I can when I don't work out. I try to drink water more than anything else, but when I must have something with a flavor, I try to stay away from sugar. Small meals, lots of veggies, lean meats, whole grains, etc. Trying to stick to about 100 grams of protein a day when I'm not working out, and about 180 when I'm able to keep up with the routine.

I joined a gym... but never went. I just work out at home. Simple stuff, but I'm not looking to get huge.

When I can stick to my routine, this is it:
              MWF
              Pullups, pushups, and crunches for a half hour. Do a set until I can no longer do the motion with proper form, then stop and move on to the next one with no rest. Continue through the rotation until a half hour has passed.
              15lb dumbells for biceps and triceps. I really should be using lighter for the triceps right now...
              A minimum of 20 minutes of cardio. Usually 45 or so.

T-TH-Sat-Sun
              20-45 (or more) minutes of cardio

I'm doing this more for modest shaping than any real mass gains. I don't expect to be huge with this routine, but I expect to continue seeing a bit of definition. Once I stop seeing results, I'll move on to something a little different.

Comment

Mike,(Deev ) is that how you lost weight? Cuz i remember you being a little pudgy awhile back, but it seems youve slimmed down some.

Weightloss is my main goal right now. I wouldnt mind finding a basic bench/weights somewhere for cheap. Even if its old skool, lol. I dont like that fancy shit. But id like to lift just a bit. Enough to help, cuz i throw tires and lift the occassional heavy box/item at work, so id like to beef up just a bit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                  I love to run and I'm a smoker also. Thats pretty cool you were a Ranger. You guys are some badass dudes.
                  yeah that was a long time ago 6 years..i was a communications guy..so i had to hump the radio n jump out of planes with it.... im thinking about going back.. maybe even SF im getting older now ... dont know what my life plan is.... just playing it by ear...

but i want to stay in shape... im thinking about doing a couple of amateur mma fights. not making a career out of it..or even attempting to just for fun.

Comment

Yeah, you kinda disappeared there for a while...but you know you had to come back.

Comment

I just got done playing rugby since 10 this morning and an ice bath is very much in order.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        Mike,(Deev ) is that how you lost weight? Cuz i remember you being a little pudgy awhile back, but it seems youve slimmed down some.

Weightloss is my main goal right now. I wouldnt mind finding a basic bench/weights somewhere for cheap. Even if its old skool, lol. I dont like that fancy shit. But id like to lift just a bit. Enough to help, cuz i throw tires and lift the occassional heavy box/item at work, so id like to beef up just a bit.
                        The workout routine wasn't really in place when I lost my weight. It was all cardio (walking quickly in the park, mainly), LOTS of water (at least a gallon a day), 4-5 small meals a day consisting of very little fat and sugar, never eating past 9pm... and that was about it. I lost 60lbs in a few months. More than 10lbs a month isn't very healthy. For the best results and health, you want to stick to losing 1-2lbs a week. More than that, and you're very likely losing weight in your muscles just as much as your fat.

So basically... walk 20 minutes a day at a pace that will keep your heart rate up, and drink a butt-ton of water.

Comment

I workout about every other day. Each day being a different routine. And within the other days I get my cardio done which will be playing basketball. Monday would be Chest and Triceps, Tuesday is basketball, Wednesday is Back and Biceps, Thursday is basketball, Friday - off, Saturday - off, Sunday is basketball, and then Monday would be Legs and Abs and Wednesday would be Shoulders. Its like this about every week in rotation. My reps include 10 than 8 than 6 as I'm trying to get bigger muscles and each rep, I would add more weights.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

I was quite the fatty at 197 lbs. I did a complete overhaul on my diet and started going to the gym almost everyday. With the new diet and working out, I'm now down to 145 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman View Post
                              I was quite the fatty at 197 lbs. I did a complete overhaul on my diet and started going to the gym almost everyday. With the new diet and working out, I'm now down to 145 lbs.
                              how long did that take you?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X