Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the OG Saturn commercials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who remembers the OG Saturn commercials?

So I'm at the JY A little earlier obtaining some odds and ends when this guy walks up to a saturn on the row opposite the one I'm on. He looks in the engine bay and declares out loud to himself, "It's Christmas time". I grabbed what I needed off the CB I was at and left to go try to find something else. Looking around the JY yeilded nothing and led me back to the CB across from the Saturn. During the course of pulling a wiring harness out of the car the guy is at the Saturn using every expletive known and in general talking a gang of shit about the car..... I had too suppress the urge to walk up and say, "So, how do you like your Saturn?".

Awesome

Comment

Riveting tale is riveting.

Comment

Yeah...... a little long winded for a stupid anecdote, but I felt like sharing

Comment

I just remember that theyre plastic and therefor immune to baseballs. Still susceptible to roman candles. Or cigarettes.

Comment

yep...... and you can break into one with a box cutter if you were so inclined

Comment

I saw a picture of one that was all melted from a fire. Looked funny.

Apparently later saturns went to all steel panels because the plastic was too expensive to produce.

I'll be honest with you, Saturns aren't bad cars at all. I've driven an SL1 sedan and SL2 coupe and I enjoyed both. Went pretty good with the 2.4 Twin cam and both were 5 speed. Very comfortable seats, decent interior and overall I was quite impressed with them. I wouldn't say no if someone offered me one.

Comment

I wouldnt mind the plastic ones as a winter beater

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I love seeing classified ads for saturns advertised with no rust.

Comment

Man I don't know, I swear even the "twin cam" ones are slower then our sohc cbs. They are plastic turds IMO.

Comment

Those twin cam Saturns had a hell of a lot of potential. The engines were nice. The transmissions were shite. The guy that used to live across the street from me had a beast of one... but he kept blowing transmissions, so he sold it and got a CRX.

It didn't take much to get an early twin cam Saturn into the 13s... they weighed next to nothing.

Comment

i beielve the v 6 in the vue was a j32 honda just rebadged.
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                          Say what!?! I'll look into that....

And yes, the 1G saturn twin cams were awesome. They WERE beaters and they WERE slushboxes but fun nonetheless.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                            Correct... almost. It was the J35 from the Acura MDX and RL. They were used for the performance model "Redline"
                            Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Working...
                            X