Originally posted by loup05 View Post
    ...tips on how to get better lookings pics are welcome
    Practice

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
      Practice
      yea, i gotta try different settings and different lighting. I know the first picture is very low in light so it dosnt look as good as the second picture..

Can you critique the second pic? thoughts or opinion of it would be great

Comment

I like the first one looks pretty good to me.
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
          I like the first one looks pretty good to me.
          me to! i like how you can't see all the numbers or letters, but you can still figure out what it says. nice job!
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

yea, i gotta try different settings and different lighting. I know the first picture is very low in light so it dosnt look as good as the second picture..

Can you critique the second pic? thoughts or opinion of it would be great
            The second is from an angle that makes the subject very confusing. If the object is mostly text I don't see a reason to view it from the side, making the viewer read from top to bottom instead of left to right.

The first is much better in terms of angle but it's hard to read everything. Some like it, others find it confusing.

Photography is very subjective. Asking how to shoot better pictures is like a painter asking how to paint better looking paintings. I can give you general tips but ultimately you have to go out and look at a ton of other people's work, take many shots yourself, and develop your own style. There is no right and wrong in photography much like in painting, music, or any art form.

Comment

The second is from an angle that makes the subject very confusing. If the object is mostly text I don't see a reason to view it from the side, making the viewer read from top to bottom instead of left to right.

The first is much better in terms of angle but it's hard to read everything. Some like it, others find it confusing.

Photography is very subjective. Asking how to shoot better pictures is like a painter asking how to paint better looking paintings. I can give you general tips but ultimately you have to go out and look at a ton of other people's work, take many shots yourself, and develop your own style. There is no right and wrong in photography much like in painting, music, or any art form.
              Well the 2nd pic was taken in that angle because that's where I found the light to reflect the most off of the badge.. I also took that pic because I read a tutorial saying that taking vertical pics was a good idea..

Comment

Well the 2nd pic was taken in that angle because that's where I found the light to reflect the most off of the badge.. I also took that pic because I read a tutorial saying that taking vertical pics was a good idea..
                If you are shooting something like this you can move the item to meet your creative needs. If that's the angle you needed to get the light, reposition things to get a better angle.

The bolded section is a very fundamental flaw. There is are few things in photography that are universally accepted. What you mentioned is a mistake many new photographers make when getting into the art. There is no formula that you can go through to take good photos.

The Rule of Thirds is one general rule you can follow and is a good thing to always have in mind when shooting. Like I said though, it isn't a be-all-end-all when it comes to taking good photos.

Comment

I like to play around with Depth of Field.

I can't remember which way it goes, (it's been a while) but if you adjust the aperture and play with the shutter speed you can make the depth of field deeper/shallower, which causes things in the foreground/background to go out of focus at different rates.

Framing is another technique. Using something in the foreground to give perspective to the point of interest. (Using framing and modifying your depth of field at the same time can be rewarding, also.)

There are many techniques like this.

But as for getting better, it's pretty much what Tnwagn said. Film, as an art, is subjective. You have to get a feel for what you want to do. It may not appeal to everyone, but if it appeals to you, then go for it.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

If you are shooting something like this you can move the item to meet your creative needs. If that's the angle you needed to get the light, reposition things to get a better angle.

The bolded section is a very fundamental flaw. There is are few things in photography that are universally accepted. What you mentioned is a mistake many new photographers make when getting into the art. There is no formula that you can go through to take good photos.

The Rule of Thirds is one general rule you can follow and is a good thing to always have in mind when shooting. Like I said though, it isn't a be-all-end-all when it comes to taking good photos.
                    right on.. i haven't had any practice shots lately.. im going to try to get around to it since i love the weather this time of year in Los Angeles. It makes me want to go outside and shoot shit lol
                    Last edited by Luis; 03-25-2012, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X