Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time for a rebuild.....But my CB will live again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honing iron blocks is not complex, but yes for best results pay a shop.

I just broke the glaze on my H22A4 FRM liner, hope it was enough.

dj_ender, you said you had some quirks to work out? What are they?

You going to leave the battery un-strapped? It will eventually wear your battery cables and possibly damage other things. Just a thought.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Lol, it was just wet with oil.

Well she's in and running, took her out for about 100 miles. I have a few kinks to figure out, but she runs great, looking forward to getting these first 1000 miles out of the way so I can open get up and have some fun. No leaks to be found, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I unfortunately only took one pic...sorry guys.

LOOOL .... nice to hear that man, well by looking shiny I meant " clean, with no gunk " .... but according to your post it seems like a new engine or rebuild with a new head, maybe that's why .....

But Common !!! THE VALVE COVER !!! change it or get it painted !!! and the engine bay will look new !! everything else look great ... I guess you were bleeding the coolant system when you took this pic

RISE CB7 RISE ...... It's ALIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE !!! well mine resurrected too if you remember my dead F22A4 ... but I didn't like the new engine F22A1 well it is new to my car but not new ..... I had no money back then so dad took charge without my knowledge .... but anyways as soon as I have the cash, I will sell it and buy a decent one

in the mean time, I noticed that the CASTROL MAGNATEC 10W40 is helping removing the gunk and clean it up a bit.

keep the news coming DJ_Ender, you deserve it
      Last edited by EsperHamid; 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        Honing iron blocks is not complex, but yes for best results pay a shop.

I just broke the glaze on my H22A4 FRM liner, hope it was enough.

dj_ender, you said you had some quirks to work out? What are they?

You going to leave the battery un-strapped? It will eventually wear your battery cables and possibly damage other things. Just a thought.
        I found oil at rear deck of the block, which last night I traced to a leaking cam seal, so I'll be taking care of that later this week. And I fried my VSS, it got coolant into the VSS and I thought I had dried it out enough, I was wrong

Yeah yeah, I know about my battery, it's been like that for 3 years...

The leak is running down the angled ridge right above the coolant plug:

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
        LOOOL .... nice to hear that man, well by looking shiny I meant " clean, with no gunk " .... but according to your post it seems like a new engine or rebuild with a new head, maybe that's why .....

But Common !!! THE VALVE COVER !!! change it or get it painted !!! and the engine bay will look new !! everything else look great ... I guess you were bleeding the coolant system when you took this pic

RISE CB7 RISE ...... It's ALIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE !!! well mine resurrected too if you remember my dead F22A4 ... but I didn't like the new engine F22A1 well it is new to my car but not new ..... I had no money back then so dad took charge without my knowledge .... but anyways as soon as I have the cash, I will sell it and buy a decent one

in the mean time, I noticed that the CASTROL MAGNATEC 10W40 is helping removing the gunk and clean it up a bit.

keep the news coming DJ_Ender, you deserve it
        I was actually waiting to fill up the engine with coolant for it's first start. And the VC will be addressed at a later date. Thanks!
        Last edited by dj_ender; 11-12-2012, 05:41 PM.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Not trying to be picky but I'm just curious. You're running with no timing belt cover, right? Did you do this before? I've used cut/trimmed covers to partially protect the belt but never ran without one all together. Are you going to put it on after everything is said and done or just go without it?

Good thing you rebuilt it yourself and I'll bet you can do it all over again in 1/2 the time. Those minor problems should be a walk in the park for you now.

That leak looks like you didn't hondabond/rtv the corners of the valve cover seal, or did not get enough sealant there, or is it a pinched o ring? Peice of cake either way!

I giggle everytime I hear someone say they have a oil leak and it's time to go to a mechanic.

Hey congrats on bringing it off of life support!
          Last edited by wildBill83; 11-12-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            Not trying to be picky but I'm just curious. You're running with no timing belt cover, right? Did you do this before? I've used cut/trimmed covers to partially protect the belt but never ran without one all together. Are you going to put it on after everything is said and done or just go without it?

Good thing you rebuilt it yourself and I'll bet you can do it all over again in 1/2 the time. Those minor problems should be a walk in the park for you now.

That leak looks like you didn't hondabond/rtv the corners of the valve cover seal, or did not get enough sealant there, or is it a pinched o ring? Peice of cake either way!

I giggle everytime I hear someone say they have a oil leak and it's time to go to a mechanic.

Hey congrats on bringing it off of life support!
            Yeah, no cover, haven't had one for awhile now.

And I used sealant at the appropriate places, I'm thinking the seal is pinched is didn't seat right, I have my old one that didn't leak if this one turns out to be ruined/defective.

My car never goes to the mechanic, just the machine shop.

Thanks man.

Comment

Mechanics are for ladies.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Mechanics are for ladies.
                Heh. I think there are a few members that might take offense to that, :/.

Let us know about that leak. You don't think it's the cam seal anymore then, rather the timing cover or an o-ring?

I know that if the cam seal is in too far it will leak, at no fault of the seal itself. You pressed it in to the proper depth? I had a leak onto that right (rear of engine bay) ledge right behind the cam gear as well. That turned out to be a blown cam seal in my case.

Comment

Ah? if you're a enthusiast you should know how to atleast work on said chassis. I've taken one car to a mechanic it didn't get any further than talk.

Ladies in this case has nothing to do with females just scared or sorry/uninformed/un skilled people in general. It's a blast to do more than tune up's every so offten is the point i was making.

To each his own.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Oh no, don't get me wrong. We're in agreement, I just misunderstood is all.

Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                      Heh. I think there are a few members that might take offense to that, :/.

Let us know about that leak. You don't think it's the cam seal anymore then, rather the timing cover or an o-ring?

I know that if the cam seal is in too far it will leak, at no fault of the seal itself. You pressed it in to the proper depth? I had a leak onto that right (rear of engine bay) ledge right behind the cam gear as well. That turned out to be a blown cam seal in my case.
                      What? I KNOW it's the cam seal, never even hinted that it might be something else. I'll be taking this later this week, it's not a super bad leak, so I'm not super worried about it.

Comment

Eitherway easy fix, a VERY mild issue at best.

02 Crv

Comment

Troof.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                            What? I KNOW it's the cam seal, never even hinted that it might be something else. I'll be taking this later this week, it's not a super bad leak, so I'm not super worried about it.
                            Blah!!! I don't know why, but this thread seems to be a black hole for my misunderstanding.

I think when you said "pinched" in your reply, I immediately tied it with "pinched o-ring" from the post you were replying too. Anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                              Blah!!! I don't know why, but this thread seems to be a black hole for my misunderstanding.

I think when you said "pinched" in your reply, I immediately tied it with "pinched o-ring" from the post you were replying too. Anyway...
                              It's all good man, get some sleep, seems like you need it.

Comment

Don't sweat it DJ is a confusing merlin character. I'm sure he will inform us of the source and when said problem is fixed.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                                X