Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help i got a unfinished accord 92 with a jdm h22a from a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help i got a unfinished accord 92 with a jdm h22a from a friend

hi i'm new here, and i im needing help i got a unfinished Honda accord 92 with a jdm h22a obd1 from a friend he got just about ever thing done other than wiring and he gave up and sold it to me.

Now im not to bad at wiring stuff. And as far as cars go i can mostly get around them to fix stuff what ever needs fixing on my cars i do, and i catch on purity good but im getting stuck. and i need help!

i'm not fixing this up to race or any thing at less not now i just need a car my diesel trucks crank went out!!! so this is all i have to drive so thats not good so i'm in this till i get this ruining!! im low on cash and not much work right now, any-who any help will be awesome, i have the h22 ultimate swap guide with wireing but i need more info then it has i will post pics of what i have. thanks every one i look forward to being on here! i may ask dum stuff. but hang in there that's how we learn

ok so i was going to take pics of each sensor and plug and wire colors and info and post it and maybe u can look at it and let me know if its right. maybe this info may help others i will try and keep it good looking if i can lol heres a over look on the motor kinda messy i know but i think i have most of it right

plz look back from time to time as i add stuff i have to do a job today so i will be back later to post more, and if u have any ideas on how i can lay this out so as to help others let me know. and if u need more info let me know

to start off whats is this? and do i need it? its on the fire wall
    Last edited by dbug454; 03-29-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

That is an absolute mess. There are wires there that I don't even recognize.

Comment

looks like he "attempted" to do the obd2 to obd1 conv. and gave up. the valve on the firewalla is actually a solinoid for the rear engine mount was this car a auto?
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Easiest thing to do, go buy a JY stock harness for your exact stock motor/tranny. Install it and run 4 wires. 3 to the Vtec solenoid and one to the knock sensor. Run the knock sensor wire and two from the Vtec back to your ECU and hook them up to the right pinout on the ECU(Look it up cause i am lazy) then the 3rd wire from the Vtec, run it to a solid ground. Then connect the wires to the VTEC/Knock Sensor.

This is WAY easier than trying to figure out your rats nest of wires.

Also because you have an external coil on your stock accord, you will need to change a few wires on your dizzy (there is a right up somewhere for it) or get a stock USDM H22a4 dizzy for direct plug and play.
          "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

That really would be your best option. Rather than trying to figure out the rat's nest your buddy began, just yank it all and put it back to stock as much as you can. Then the threads on this site will be much more helpful to you.

Also, some important things have to be done to properly mount the H22, especially if you're using the matching transmission, and if the car was converted to manual from automatic. If that's the case, you'll want to be sure it's all done properly before you try to drive it, or you'll be breaking axles like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              That is an absolute mess. There are wires there that I don't even recognize.
              Yea, holy hell thats insane.

All wires should be routed together and the length of each should fit in the least ammount of harnes(s) required.

Someone had probably NEVER wired anything in their life. I used to build electrical panels for a mining company, and even the REALLY overloaded wired boxes didnt even look close to that slop-fest.

Honestly man, either buy a harness or get to work :/ I'd hate to have that job. Theres really not that many wires in an engine bay though. Hell i could do all the wiring in 1 day without problems.- soldered and marked- but it would be nice to have all the correct wiring color schemes. Its no good for resale if all the wiring is harbour freight orange colored

Comment

Out of curiousity, could the engine harness from the h22a work as well? Will the plugs connect to the accord body harness?
                2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

No. It would probably take more custom wiring to use the H22 harness on the Accord than it would to modify the Accord harness for the H22.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    No. It would probably take more custom wiring to use the H22 harness on the Accord than it would to modify the Accord harness for the H22.
                    Good to know
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

haha ya its a mess, i think i will get a JY stock harness all tho i wud have cleaned it up lol and yes is a auto transs he says he thinks its a jdm 96 prelude and in US 96 was obd2 but japan 96 is obd1

i have the autozone wiring diagrams i dont have any books tho lol

i wont have time to or a way to get the JY stock harness till next weak.
                      do i need to get any plugs ends from the JY? or other stuff from the junk yard?
                      and is there any good oneline wiring diagrams?

thanks dudes

Comment

I can barely understand what you're saying. Please type like a big boy.

Take the entire wiring harness from a junkyard CB. Try to get the same year as your car. It'll make life easier for the minor things that differ from year to year.

Comment

lol sry about the typing, and your right thats what im going to get from the junk yard, do i need any extra plug ends for rewiring any thing? like the egr seems to have the wrong plug on it? or am i wrong?

Comment

When you get a harness get it for your year a 90-91 has different main plugs than a 92-93. And leave the harness lommend and every plug will be were it will need to be or before you pull the JY harness label it there. And then I would cut off the ecu plugs (off the JY car not your car) with a little extra wire left on it to make your vtec and knock wire to plug into your ecu.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

ok im back, so i got bad news cant find a harness!! they are all cut up really bad, good news is the mess of wires that i do have, don't scare me much. i just need info. also win im done the wires will all have covers on them.

ok so im going to start with the
                              "intake air bypass solenoid"
                              i have added the 4 wires to the ecu. but pin a17 already has a pink/blue wire there and on my wiring diagram is says its a IAB solenoid and there's a plug out side that's the same pink/blue

so im guessing i don't need to add the IAB pin a17 wire to the ecu?

is this the IAB?

thanks dudes

Comment

Working...
                              X