Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find a chair that wont hurt my back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i find a chair that wont hurt my back?

Hey guys, as alot of you know, over the summer i had my spine fused from t4 to l4. im doing great as far as recovery is concerned, but i do have one problem.

My 360 as well as my wii are in my room, and i dont have anywhere to sit. my bed isnt really in a place where i can see the tv, and sitting on the floor tends to cause me discomfort.

does anyone know where i could get, like, maybe a chair that will sit on my floor, that has good back support?

i figure if nothing else, i could always take the seat brackets off my seat that i pulled from my camaro, and use that
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

something like this?

or this

or this fucking nice ! lol

or this

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

well, ive got one sort of like the first one, but it doesnt fit the curvature of my back. like, if i lay down on a flat floor, the middle of my back cant touch the ground bc my spine doesnt move any more.

the second one would be bad ass lol, but where can you buy something like that?
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

in all seriousness, the camaro seat would be good. take the seat brackets off of it and bolt some steel tubes to the bottom of it to stabilize it, and you are good!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

idk i just google image searched!

"gamers chair or seats"

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
            in all seriousness, the camaro seat would be good. take the seat brackets off of it and bolt some steel tubes to the bottom of it to stabilize it, and you are good!

yeah i really think that might be my best chance.

Comment

A Recaro bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                A Recaro bucket.

i was more or less thinking a seat thats LESS than the value of my camaro haha

<$100 we'll say.

Comment

Get a bean bag. Some place in utah makes these huge ones the size of couches. Preggy chicks use them for the same purpose. Plust they're hella comfy.
                  Lovesac or something.

Comment

@ Lovesac.

What sort of support do you need? With your spine fused, most chairs that are made for "support" will probably be painful for you, since your spine doesn't flex where most chair designers expect. Do you need lower support? Upper support? Curved? Straight?

The car seat isn't a bad idea. I want to make CB7-seat chairs for fun someday myself

You could probably pick up a decent Camaro seat in a junkyard for $50, and for another $50 or so have someone weld up some legs for it. It'd be unique, and if it's comfortable, it'd be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      @ Lovesac.

What sort of support do you need? With your spine fused, most chairs that are made for "support" will probably be painful for you, since your spine doesn't flex where most chair designers expect. Do you need lower support? Upper support? Curved? Straight?

The car seat isn't a bad idea. I want to make CB7-seat chairs for fun someday myself

You could probably pick up a decent Camaro seat in a junkyard for $50, and for another $50 or so have someone weld up some legs for it. It'd be unique, and if it's comfortable, it'd be perfect!

that's a good idea
                      but take some work!

btw the most comfortable seats i've even sat on in a car were my

mitsubishi eclipse leather seats

omg there like bucket seats and shit
                      so comfortable!

Comment

ikea

Comment

last thing you should be doing is sitting on the floor. that will further cause your back to fatigue faster especially since you had this procedure done.

check out producst from Obusforme; they manufacture seat cushions, chairs, etc.. made specifically for people with back problems. their chairs can get pricey but their seat cushions mated with a high back cushion can attach to most chairs and will help alleviate unwanted stress on your lower back.
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                            last thing you should be doing is sitting on the floor. that will further cause your back to fatigue faster especially since you had this procedure done.

check out producst from Obusforme; they manufacture seat cushions, chairs, etc.. made specifically for people with back problems. their chairs can get pricey but their seat cushions mated with a high back cushion can attach to most chairs and will help alleviate unwanted stress on your lower back.

do they have a website
                            ?

Comment

http://www.obusforme.com/

Hey, whaddya know?

Definitely take Primo's words seriously... he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X