Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnBBS17s View Post
    What I ment is if you couldnt get pigtails from where ever you got the cluster just check ebay for a 97-01 or what ever lude dash harness. the full harness is easier to find then finding just the pigtails.
    okay, just so I wasn't paranoid the entire weekend, I went back to the pick N pull on my lunchbreak and grabbed the harness along w/ some accord connectors from a 93 EX. I wish I had lunch today....I worked 12 hrs at Discount Tire, and that wasn't easy But i'm glad I got the harnesses, now I know I will be able to do this....

But this should be good right?:

^^^pretty much got the entire cluster harness and then some.

^^close up of plugs for prelude cluster

^^extra 93 accord connectors I got from a 93 EX sedan to match up somewhat to my 93 EX coupe

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

^^extra 93 accord connectors I got from a 93 EX sedan to match up somewhat to my 93 EX coupe
      You dont need those accord connectors...... you need a donor cluster for the female ends of the connection.

BTW have fun with that foam shit on the lude harness. that stuff is nasty

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
      My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

You dont need those accord connectors...... you need a donor cluster for the female ends of the connection.

BTW have fun with that foam shit on the lude harness. that stuff is nasty
        so i got the wrong accord connectors? those ones I got are the male ones? shit. oh well I'll get it next time i guess. Or are you saying I need the entire Accord cluster? and use those connectors?

But thankfully there's tons of CB7s there. Some are 93s so I'll do it when I have some time. This project is gonna take awhile. My car prob. won't see any downtime til winter break in Dec.
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-04-2008, 03:08 AM.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          so i got the wrong accord connectors? those ones I got are the male ones? shit. oh well I'll get it next time i guess. Or are you saying I need the entire Accord cluster? and use those connectors?

But thankfully there's tons of CB7s there. Some are 93s so I'll do it when I have some time. This project is gonna take awhile. My car prob. won't see any downtime til winter break in Dec.
          ya you need the accord cluster and bust it open for the female ends.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=cluster

Comment

I definitely didn't go through all of that trouble. I did all of the work inside the car. I simply cut off the Accord plugs, and matched wires...& Voila
            I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

ya you need the accord cluster and bust it open for the female ends.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=cluster
              oh so you mean THESE:

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7 View Post
                I definitely didn't go through all of that trouble. I did all of the work inside the car. I simply cut off the Accord plugs, and matched wires...& Voila
                ya but now its going to be a pain in the ass to throw a stock one back in.

Comment

Why on earth would I want to do that?

Comment

well I'm gonna do it just in case it won't work when I get my manual swap w/ my H22 in the future. Then I can just unplug it, and replug my factory one in for the meantime while I either get a new 5spd BB6 cluster and wire it.

I wish I could have like a week down time and do this but I can't. So this allows me to work outside of my car, like in my room or something, doing it a little at a time.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Very good diy. This will come in handy. I hope one day I'll do this.

Comment

I know... Wrong place to ask... But has anyone tried a CD5 cluster swap.

I think they look nice...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                          I know... Wrong place to ask... But has anyone tried a CD5 cluster swap.

I think they look nice...
                          they don't light up amber and red at night....do you still think it looks better? Plus the BB6 cluster is kinda good for those w/ H22 swaps since its from an H22 equipped prelude

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Yea, I don't see there being any possible way that I'd change back to OEM...doesn't make much sense to me.

As for the CD5 cluster, i'm quite sure it's been done, if not, it wouldn't be hard to figure out, because well, a BB6 cluster in a CD5 has been done, so you can match the wiring using my DIY. If you want to do it, let me know & I can help you figure out the wiring, won't even take long, seeing as all the hard work is done...it's just mixing & matching now

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7 View Post
                              Yea, I don't see there being any possible way that I'd change back to OEM...doesn't make much sense to me.
                              Well I have one more emissions test so I have to through the stock one back in as far as mileage goes,the lude isn't high enough. + if i ever get tired of it or want to sell the car I would probably sell that separate. Not to mention I kept my car drivable while I worked on this project.

Comment

I guess. But I just keep a record of my mileage & i'll let 'em know.

Comment

Working...
                                X