Who makes good cv axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    Yeah and honda axle is outrageously priced. SO is raxles if you don't have oem core. 300 dollars a piece without core at raxles. I've also read some bad reviews for raxles on yelp. It was only 3 reviews total though. So small sampling. Any other specialized axle shops? I guess the cv axle seal in there should be replaced.
    Whaaat? Negative reviews on Raxles? That sounds weird because I run Raxles & so does my friend with a DC2 Teg. Neither of us have ever had an issue & he beats the crap out of his car daily. I think they are worth it.
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      Zed, while replacing the axle I would take the half shaft out and replace the seal on the transmission with an OEM seal. It's 3 bolts with a 14mm socket/wrench. You can pop the seal out with a flat blade screw driver. I just pushed the same seal (new OEM) in by hand the other night. Other than that, you should be golden.
      Is that 2 seals. Are u talking about taking intermediate shaft out and replacing some other seal or just while half shaft is out replacing the one on inner outside. I don't think u are, but figure i'd ask to confirm as i am new at replacing axles. Seems straightforward so far but again i am new.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
        i got an oem one for $262. Fk it. I like longevity. Raxles wanted 300 for rebuilt one. THis is brand new for less so i feel ok. So what else should i change when down there. There's a seal and something else in there to change also(I've never changed a axle). Got to get all my ducks in a row cause i hate buying shit from local parts store. Twice the price for half the quality.
        Where did you find a OEM Axle in stock? I thought Honda was out of them?
        91 Accord LX 5-speed
        93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
          Where did you find a OEM Axle in stock? I thought Honda was out of them?
          On amazon.

Comment

In my experience lately i have found that when things get discontinued that amazon might still have the oem sold by honda. I have found a few things this way and i am trusting that amazon is showing the real honda as the seller. I bought some seals this way and they came in honda package. I even searched thru all the stuff the honda seller sales and it is all honda oem items. Maybe someone else could share their experience also. As i would like to know for sure myself if this real honda.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
              anybody ever try Insane Shafts? might be overkill for a stock car, but they are custom made and extra strong, and surprisingly not that expensive for the pair...
              Insane axles are very popular out west. I’ve known a couple people who run them with great success. When I start snapping axles. Those will be what I buy.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I have a set of Insane Shaft's axles. Granted the have only been used to hold the wheel bearings together while the car sits on the ground. I haven't had a chance to actually drive the car with them. I can offer some feedback after I get some miles on them.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                X