FUEL: Fuel Pump Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
    Yea most of us dont have a grinder laying around. Then you have to think about the sparks you emit and it could cause a fire. But hey, if it makes it easy then go for it! Fuel pumps will be fuel pumps, there really is no easy way to get around replacing one.
    E30's have an access under the rear seat

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
    I am all for this laziness.... But the foam is a bad idea... It will get wet and hold moister and rot out the steel.
    Then spray foam is in order lol
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

finisahed mine today.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

see not so hard? Donno why people doubt this so much...All I can say is FUCK DROPPING THE TANK......Good job on having the fire extinguisher on hand

My ride:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

Hmm interesting, maybe someone could put a fuel door there?

I can see dropping the tank as sucking, but when you get in there you can replace all the rubber hoses. (something you should do when the car hits 20)

That and the brake line looks pretty close to the metal there
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer View Post

Then spray foam is in order lol
            This still allows a place for moisture to accumulate and cause corrosion.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
              Eh, This is a good idea, but honestly by the time I actually scrounged up the side grinder and went to the store and bought the wheels, I would have dropped the tank by then and had the pump out replacing it. Puttin it back in aint bad if you have help and of course the tank is empty.
              I kno it nay be little late but have you seen the brackets for your fuel tank??? They are very rusty by now I'm sure of it, if they are bring the tank down won't be as easy. My cousin's ef civic need a new pump and all the brackets were rusted to shit.....was a pita to swap and that's on a smaller car so I can't imagine how hard will it be for a cb...oh and to buy brackets they have to be special order from autozone takes about 2days

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

well, i have to pull it out again. the aftermarket fuel pump's pickup is an inch shorter than stock so it started sputtering at idle at around 1/4 tank. filled it up and it is fine.

luckily my access hole is there, it will be out in five minutes

one of my buddies mentioned structural integrity. fuck it...it isnt my auto-x car.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                  I kno it nay be little late but have you seen the brackets for your fuel tank??? They are very rusty by now I'm sure of it, if they are bring the tank down won't be as easy. My cousin's ef civic need a new pump and all the brackets were rusted to shit.....was a pita to swap and that's on a smaller car so I can't imagine how hard will it be for a cb...oh and to buy brackets they have to be special order from autozone takes about 2days
                  Couldn't agree more...I put the car up on stands climbed under tried on one bolt....Said Nope...went to store got grinder came home went through 3 shitty cutting wheels went to home depot got nice ones....came back, did and finished by time i think i would have had tank out....Good point on getting new straps...I did do it once on a friends car and if they bend....it sucks to put them back on...

My ride:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

grinder = many many sparks
                    ____

Comment

I just did this 10mins ago on my friends cb, everything went good. DIY FTW
                      My ride History:
                      Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                      Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                      Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                      -----------------------------------
                      1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Here's mine, with the new pump in. It was a bit tight, but as I neglected to tighten down the lines before testing, a bit of fuel sprayed errrrvrywhere and now I don't mind waiting a while to make it a bit bigger/easier for the next time. Cover plate coming soon...ish.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

cut mine open today. just used tin snips and cut a rectangle. i tried to keep it as one piece as possible so that i could attach a hinge and mending plate to keep it down. looks like kind of a hack job right now because it got dark and i was trying to rush. tomorrow i'm going to grab some sort of rubber trim and put it all around the edge to keep it sealed.

i'll grab pics tomorrow once it's done.
                          90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Dropping the gas tank isnt that hard guys... lol

Its just 4 bolts and a few fuel lines to disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              Dropping the gas tank isnt that hard guys... lol

Its just 4 bolts and a few fuel lines to disconnect.
                              i don't imagine it being hard but my car is currently parked in a rather busy street and can't get it started to move it lol

update on my fuel pump situation:
                              went to start my car this morning and NOTHING. went ahead and ordered a 190lph walbro. so, i started ripping everything apart again to get my old pump out. two of the nuts on the lid thinger ended up getting stripped because they were so corroded had to buy a nut extractor and spend far too long on just those two nuts. now to play the waiting game for this new pump to arrive....
                              90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Interesting DIY. I always do like to say that "it isn't yours 'till you've drilled some holes in it."

I would be concerned that if there were any fuel vapors above in that area with the cutoff wheel--bye bye.

Also (just a question)--never dropped a tank before, but can't you just use a floor jack to lower it and press it back up?

Also, if you ever have severely rusted bolts, try CRC Freeze-off. Normally PB Blast is my tool of choice, sometimes spraying it on fasteners 2x a day for several days before a job, there but for a really really bad bolt I use my can of CRC Freeze-Off. It's messier (drips all over the place because you have to spray it on the fastener for like 15 seconds at a time) but gets those really hard jobs done faster than the PB Blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X