fleetw00d : 2008 Acura TSX - Another one to maintain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleetw00d : 2008 Acura TSX - Another one to maintain

Daughter #3 bought this earlier this year (255,000, her only criteria was that it had to be black). She visits when it needs maintenance (edit: I exaggerate). In remarkable condition for the miles. Gotta figure out what's squeaking on the right front (only when brakes are applied). Lots of pad left, pulled the caliper and lubed the slide pins and put a little lube on the backs of the pads. It was still squeaking when she left - maybe something embedded in the pad.

2008 Acura TSX MMS by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-30-2017, 12:31 AM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

What a beautiful car! Glad she is still driving something in the Honda family.

Comment

That really is in beautiful condition considering the mileage. Glad to see that you are treating it right, just like everything else in the family.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I love my 2004 TSX so much i wish I had an 2008. Nice car!

Comment

i like my 06 k24 lol
          COUPE K24

Comment

I feel like the 04 was the "test bed". It has a lot of bugs, so I wish i had an 06 or an 08.

All revised to be better in later models...

- Axles wear in the boots and cause vibrations on idle
            - Leaky headlights over time due to HID ballast seal
            - Seat movement
            - Engine performance

Comment

Had to rescue this one today. Daughter called with dead battery. $140 later she's on the road again. Man, that's a tiny battery!
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

photobucket ! Stinks the picture isn't working.

Ashame she only comes over when she needs something. That is how a few of friends are. I guess I shouldn't consider them friends

Pretty high mileage. How does it run otherwise?

Comment

Runs fine, everything works. She's up to 260,000.

8/3/2017: Battery hold down bolts were all rusted (one broke) when I replaced the battery - installed new bolts and nuts. Pulled the right front caliper and used an 80 grit Scotchbrite disc on the faces of the pad and to take the glaze off the rotor. It was quiet on a short test drive.

9/11/2017: Did the same thing to the left front a while ago, but it was squeaking again when she came over on Sunday. She also got rear ended last week, minor dent and paint rubbing on the rear bumper. She didn't get the other driver's info; working through the local PD with a description of the vehicle.

Sometime since the last post: oil change, transmission drain and fill, coolant drain and fill. Cleaned engine compartment.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Purchased my 04 6-spd Navi in May of 2003 so I was one of the early adopters of the series which I can't believe will be 15 years this July! Just a little over 70k but still enjoy it very much. Raf is right about the glitches of the 04-05 and I had them all but fortunately were all handled through recalls. Since then no major problems only minor unexpected annoyances like physically broken switches that were rarely used like cruise control power and rear window switches.

But there is no denying the incremental upgrades and improvements culminating with the '08 that make it highly valued. As popular consensus goes it's always best to get the last model year of a particular generation rather than the first... since it's the recipient of all the improvements learned from previous issues...
                    Last edited by hiptech; 04-01-2018, 06:40 PM.
                    My Collection:
                    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I'm not sure where she's driving this thing. Another oil change yesterday (267,000). You'd think they would put the oil filter where it doesn't drain all over an axle and lower control arm. Topped off power steering, coolant overflow, redid "Wipe New" on the left headlight (didn't properly sand it with 2000 grit the first time), rotated tires. Realized she's missing a cover underneath the engine - another item for the JY list.

Comment

The 1st generation TSX is definitely my favorite. Such a classic design, and such a great car overall! That one really does look fantastic for the mileage.

A TSX was high on my list for a commuter car, though I couldn't find any that looked as nice (most with half the miles, too.)

Comment

Over 275,000 miles. Had a set of Yokohama Avid Ascend GT all season tires from Tire Rack installed .

Comment

A good friend is an original owner of one of these. His is a 2006 with the 6MT and nav and I believe nearly 200,000.

He's been itching to buy a new car, but hasn't been able to find anything similar enough to this to replace his TSX. I always thought it was one of the sharpest designed sedans Honda ever produced, and the mid-2000's era the last time Acura was any good (TSX / TL).

Comment

I completely agree Mike. This definitely one the best looking sedans Honda ever made.

I still want one of these. Wanted one real bad for a long time.

The 2nd gen TSX is not terrible, it grew on me, but this one is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X