No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front 5-lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like i will have to find out myself. wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by h22wagon
      looks like i will have to find out myself. wish me luck.
      please take some detailed pics of your findings. and remember you will need a press to remove the hubs from the bearings. good luck!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Yes it works! Its what I used when I had my Accord. Make sure the hubs are from 1st Gen Odyssey. You can always goto the junk yard and get the Odyssey spindles, bolts right on. Just make sure the bearings are not in bad shape. Any ?'s let me know.

Comment

i do have another ? for you guys. my car is a wagon, do i still need the same list of goodies? i can use rotors for a 97+ prelude right?

Comment

abs?

Comment

no abs

Comment

You will have to convert your rear to disc, the front will be easier since you will be replacing hubs, rotors, pads, calipers. You can always do a Prelude conversion like some members did. I went the odyssey path. Here is a lil help on how to convert to disc. Disc Conversion

Comment

i am puttin a eclipse solid axle in the rear cause i'm doin this to lay on the ground so i dont need to worry about the rear. im only doin this to match the eclipse lug pattern and so i can get a better choice of wheels.

Comment

^^^ i gotta see that. eclipse solid rear axle?! kinda super hybrid. post pics!
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i will when its in for sure.

Comment

so basically use accord knuckles, and oddysey everything else? i can get cheap accord knuckles all day long, and just build everything slowly....i want the four front s2000 wheels though...always liked the 16" ones..
                        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
                          so basically use accord knuckles,
                          You already have Accord knuckles ... Take another look:

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                          parts list for the front:
                          -95-98 odyssey knuckles
                          Ody knuckles lead to new hubs lead to "normal" (and larger 11") rotors lead to 5-lug wheels.

And if you can get 1st-gen Ody knuckles easy and cheap here in Ga., please let me know --- that may compel me to switch one day as well.
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

yeah yeah i know im a slacker. i still havent done the convertion. but i was wondering if calipers from a 95 vtec prelude? the resone i ask is i have complet prelude knuckles in my basement

Comment

wow bump! i'm using prelude vtec calipers on my setup with odyssey brackets and it works just dandy. get er done!
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

still a slacker, but im doin this this weekend. just need to know something. i bought some wheel bearings for the accord a while back and i was just wondering if the odyssey hubs will fit into them or do i need the odyssey ones? any info will be great

Comment

Working...
                                X