No announcement yet.

ENG: DIY Solid Polyurethane Engine Mounts- Performance & Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might have to do that to my front mount during my tranny swap too bad theres no way to make it red like my esp mounts.

Comment

Can I do this to my trailing arm bushing? It has some rips in it, but it isn't too bad yet.

Also what if I did this with every suspension bushing? Good or bad idea?

Comment

notice any differance at idle IE: car shaking more than normal?

P.S. perfect write up!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Now where to buy those in Canada, hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
            Can I do this to my trailing arm bushing? It has some rips in it, but it isn't too bad yet.

Also what if I did this with every suspension bushing? Good or bad idea?
            You sure can, I have fixed a set of those this way too. I should have mentioned that it's not just for engine mounts (or windows).
            This should work well to reinforce most of the rubber bushings on our cars. It is an added bonus that you don't need a torch, press, or hacksaw (like you would to install a new poly bushing kit) if you go this route.

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
            notice any differance at idle IE: car shaking more than normal?

P.S. perfect write up!

That's what I was worried about since I've been in cars that had solid side mounts and vibrated the dash, etc. a lot. I mentioned above that luckily, I do not notice extra vibration at all with just the front mount solid.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I'm glad to give back to the cb7 community.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by lucid View Post
              You sure can, I have fixed a set of those this way too. I should have mentioned that it's not just for engine mounts (or windows).
              This should work well to reinforce most of the rubber bushings on our cars. It is an added bonus that you don't need a torch, press, or hacksaw (like you would to install a new poly bushing kit) if you go this route.
              Thank you for the reply, I am definitely doing this to suspension bushings!

Comment

Nice DIY!! This is a great idea, one I've never even thought of before. I wish I had known this when my front mount kept going on my old '87 Jetta, had to keep replacing it. I'm definately gonna keep this in mind and can't wait to try it for myself

Check out my paintjobs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3134126

Comment

I replaced my front engine mount for the second time 2 months ago within 1 year of having the car... I think I'll be doing this before this one goes bad... Terrific write up BTW......
                  JDM Parts for sale

Comment

very nice write up bro
                    DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Thanks for the props, guys. I do give my attention to detail

I bet a lot of us will never buy a new engine mount or bushing again!

I'd like to make another DIY, and I think it would be kinda cool to use video... I just want to make sure they're well chosen. LED conversions and Head Porting would be cool I think...

Comment

Also, if anybody has access to a vacuum chamber, I believe that it will draw any air pocket's out.
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Damn! This DIY is godsent!!! Cuz my front and rear mounts don't even last 4months. But anyways. Where can I get this stuff?? Aoutomotive stores or a home depo/lowes??? I just bought a new rear mount that I'm gona fill before I put it in.
                          VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Autozone/Advance/Carquest, and the like. It's sealant for putting in automotive windshields and windows. Should be less than $20.

Comment

I broke my torqe mount as well, but i didnt go the wind-weld route. My car has pretty much turned into a project, so i made a solid mount the other day.

I cut Rings out of sheet metal, then welded them centerd over where the old rubber used to be. Esentially i made a solid engine mount. It only shakes when you start the car, and REALLY improved the launches, and gear changes.

Just thought id let you know. Same concept, just different execution. I plan on going the windo-weld way with all the others.

Comment

Mass-production FTMFW
                                One Day At A Time
                                "Honda Connaisseur"
                                1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
                                1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
                                1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
                                1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
                                1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
                                1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
                                Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
                                Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Working...
                                X