Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Million mile joe uses Honda oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's in honda oil that's not in any other oil, syn or regular.. or is it just another Stamp of Honda to sell?
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      What's in honda oil that's not in any other oil, syn or regular.. or is it just another Stamp of Honda to sell?
      It's a specific blend made to Hondas specifications.
      Seriously it is.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        It's a specific blend made to Hondas specifications.
        Seriously it is.
        Whats so special about it? What makes it better than an off-the-shelf brand?
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Whats so special about it? What makes it better than an off-the-shelf brand?
          Never stated there was anything "Special" about it.
          I said it was a specific blend made to Honda's specifications.

Just like their 0w20 LEO oil.

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
          I always see pennzoil or quakerstate in bulk drums for their oil changes!

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Wow.

Obv its meant to say air and fuel filters.

Its the oil part i was referring to.

They do make "air"filters.
            Lol
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Honda doesn't "make" most of their components. Filters are most definitely outsourced, made to spec. Sensors, ditto. Fluids, duh. Fabrics, probably.
              Look through hondautomotiveparts.com, and you'll see lots of authentic parts, with the name of their manufacturer right next to them (gauge clusters.. Mitsuba or Denso, right?)

So, no... there is no oil pump in Saudi Arabia bearing a Honda logo. There is no oil refinery bearing a Honda logo. Any "authentic Honda oil" is made by someone else to Honda's specs.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Honda doesn't "make" most of their components. Filters are most definitely outsourced, made to spec. Sensors, ditto. Fluids, duh. Fabrics, probably.
                Look through hondautomotiveparts.com, and you'll see lots of authentic parts, with the name of their manufacturer right next to them (gauge clusters.. Mitsuba or Denso, right?)

So, no... there is no oil pump in Saudi Arabia bearing a Honda logo. There is no oil refinery bearing a Honda logo. Any "authentic Honda oil" is made by someone else to Honda's specs.
                100% true.

And to which I say,

Million mile Joe uses Honda labeled oil, air filters AND fuel filters.

Comment

100% true.

And to which I say,

Million mile Joe uses Honda labeled oil, air filters AND fuel filters.
                  I think it is silly you are holding onto this point. As an interpretation, I understand how you get to this opinion. As an interpretation.

As fact, oil, air and fuel as words were being used descriptively, meaning filter is the noun. Therefore, the sentence makes no mention of oil, but rather suggests million mile Joe uses oem filters.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that's accurate. To say "oil, air and fuel filters" doesn't mean oil. It's describing different types of filters and the only reason it says oil at all, is to describe the type of filters being used. Oil, air and fuel.

I'm surprised Deeve didn't tell us all we are wrong and break out some English lit 101 on our asses. To date, I've always thought he was the English guru
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I chose not to enter that battle.

But yes, the way it is worded, the filters are what is being discussed. Essentially, "Joe uses Honda oil filters, air filters, and fuel filters".
                    Million Mile Joe uses Honda branded oil filters.

He may indeed use Honda branded oil as well, though it is not said that he does in that article. If he got his car serviced at Honda, then it would make sense. Honda would stock an oil that was formulated to work best in their vehicles, that's for sure. It wouldn't be a bad decision. Granted, technology has come a long way in 20 years, and we have much better oils available than what was suggested in 1990... still, for moderate use, with good maintenance, just about ANY oil will work just fine, especially in an engine as robust as the F22A.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                      I think it is silly you are holding onto this point. As an interpretation, I understand how you get to this opinion. As an interpretation.

As fact, oil, air and fuel as words were being used descriptively, meaning filter is the noun. Therefore, the sentence makes no mention of oil, but rather suggests million mile Joe uses oem filters.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that's accurate. To say "oil, air and fuel filters" doesn't mean oil. It's describing different types of filters and the only reason it says oil at all, is to describe the type of filters being used. Oil, air and fuel.

I'm surprised Deeve didn't tell us all we are wrong and break out some English lit 101 on our asses. To date, I've always thought he was the English guru
                      Ok well I see what your referring to, but it is out of context.

In the statement, it comes after saying that he uses Genuine Honda oil....and changes it every year....never let's it get low....

and then says, he uses oil, air, and fuel filters.

So now in that context I get that it is saying the types of filters used, not including actual oil.

I guess it is deceiving.

LOL!

Comment

True. The preceding sentence does make you think "oil".

IMO, it's a case of poor writing!

Comment

Ok well I see what your referring to, but it is out of context.

In the statement, it comes after saying that he uses Genuine Honda oil....and changes it every year....never let's it get low....and then says, he uses oil, air, and fuel filters.

So now in that context I get that it is saying the types of filters used, not including actual oil.

I guess it is deceiving.

LOL!
                          But it doesnt say anything about using genuine honda oil.

LOL

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
                          I bet that this is not true, if he did have his oil changed at the dealer they usually use bulk drum oil.

" Of course the real key is not only driving a lot and carefully, but maintaining his Honda Accord. Joe takes great care to insure his car runs well. He follows his owners manual and maintenance schedule precisely. He checks his fluids weekly and will switch them every year. He uses 10W-30 oil in the summer and 5W-30 oil in the winter and makes sure to stick with the same brand. He changes his oil every 5,000 miles. He won't let his oil get low, never letting it go below a quart. He uses genuine Honda oil, air, and fuel filters. In addition, he changes the brake fluid every few years, and does not let his fuel tank go almost “Empty.”
                          Right here it says he sticks with the same brand, and then goes on to talk about using OEM filters.

I dunno, thats the way I interpret it. No mention anywhere in the paragraph as "honda oil" or anything of the sort. Just that he doesn't let it get low, changes 10w30 vs 5w30 in the winter, and always uses the same brand.

Comment

It's just a misleading paragraph structure. If you didn't read carefully (or know you were reading about a guy with a million miles on a 20 year old car) you could think that he changes his oil once a year as well! "He checks his fluids weekly and will switch them every year. He uses 10W-30 oil in the summer and 5W-30 oil in the winter and makes sure to stick with the same brand." Oil is a fluid.

But yes... the structure goes from fluids, to oil, to oil, to filters (starting with oil)... Analyzed carefully, it's not specifying the brand of the oil, just the filters. Read quickly, I can see where someone would misread it.
                            In fact, if you removed "air", and it just said "Honda oil and fuel filters", it would be debatable. It COULD mean Honda oil and Honda fuel filters. The presence of "air" makes it clear that all three words (oil, air, fuel) are describing the filters.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              But it doesnt say anything about using genuine honda oil.

LOL

Right here it says he sticks with the same brand, and then goes on to talk about using OEM filters.

I dunno, thats the way I interpret it. No mention anywhere in the paragraph as "honda oil" or anything of the sort. Just that he doesn't let it get low, changes 10w30 vs 5w30 in the winter, and always uses the same brand.
                              Wow....clearly missed that.

I thought it said Genuine oil in the preceding sentence.

Sorry for the chaos.

I get a little carried away sometimes bwahahahahahha

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/notes/honda...87778794583529

13. Did you do anything special in terms of maintenance?

I always stuck to the Honda maintenance schedule; I always used Honda filters, belts, hoses, plugs and fluids with the exception of engine oil. This is only because I started with an engine oil I have used exclusively since the early 1980's. The more important reasons that got me to this point in time are, I never changed the products I use and I always had the same person servicing my vehicle every time which in my case was me!
                                17. How often did you change oil and filter? Did you use synthetic oil?

Every five thousand miles, but note that this interval will not work for everyone because everyone's driving habits are different. It works well as a baseline or overall average. I only used synthetic oil during the cold winter months.

And technically, he's only 926,000 mile Joe. He bought the car used in 96 with 74k on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X