Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 to f22b1 vtec swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the f22b vtec is really no different than the regular f22a until the vtec kicks in... i dont think its worth the extra $ a f22b nonvtec would be a much better investment
    1990 Accord EX Sold
    1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
    1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

well u basically have 2 options: get a pO6 chipped; them use crome/uberdata to intialize vtec, wire it up

2nd option is get the original ecu(pOA), but dont know if this would be beneficial as far as performance
      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

If you have the b1 vtec a chipped p28 will work. If not you can run the stock POA i think thats the one but its not really chippable. More common is the p28 for those vtec motors.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NYKnick1015
          the f22b vtec is really no different than the regular f22a until the vtec kicks in... i dont think its worth the extra $ a f22b nonvtec would be a much better investment
          thats funny because i find the vtec b1 for way cheaper then a non, noob
          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            If you have the b1 vtec a chipped p28 will work. If not you can run the stock POA i think thats the one but its not really chippable. More common is the p28 for those vtec motors.
            ok so do you know where I can buy a p28 chipped, poa, or p28?
            Ive I wanted to chip the ecu myself what are the tools I would need?

Comment

check the forum they are for sale here you will not be spoon feed
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

LOL!

You really should learn to spell before attacking people.

Easiest ECU solution: Find an OBD-I F22B1 ECU from a1994-1995 Accord EX. Add the VTEC wire and be done.

LOL! At SOHC VTEC breaking the tires loose when it kicks in. Unless you have some heavy mods, you have about 5 more HP than an F22A6.

How do I know? I have experience with NUMEROUS F22B1s. Not real impressed honestly. The fundamental design is geared more towards economy.

You can buy F22B JDM DOHC non VTEC engines all day long for $700 shipped. That might be a little more than an F22B1, but it is a straight bolt in engine, has about 15 more HP than the F22B1 stock for stock, pulls higher and has equal torque.

Not to mention that both the F22A and the JDM F22B have more potential because they have more aftermarket parts readily available.

With a few bolt on stock Honda parts, he can have his F22A1/A4/A6 making just as much power as an F22B1, so why bother with the swap?
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalRoots
                  ok so do you know where I can buy a p28 chipped, poa, or p28?
                  Ive I wanted to chip the ecu myself what are the tools I would need?
                  ebay. Thats where I got mine and a good friend of mine chipped it for me. You can find some people that already have chipped p28 maybe in the for sale section that might be able to help you out. And lol @ breaking wheels lose in VTEC on a B1 lol agreed with owequitit. Maybe if you were in the wet and in first gear lol but thats any car.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I was going to mention too, that a chipped and tuned F22B can keep up with stock swap H22's in some cases.

Ask D112crzy

Comment

my suggestion is dont put the B1 in it. The vtec sucks on these motors and they are hella slow. My buddy dale has one and i can kick the shit out of it with my auto. They are kinda gutless motors. I would stay with the F22a4, rebuild it, and put some bolt ons on it.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

also I wanted to know if my old alternator, starter will work with the f22b

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalRoots
                          also I wanted to know if my old alternator, starter will work with the f22b

The starters are interchangeable on like transmissions. So if you have a 5 speed and are keeping a 5 speed, then yes, it should work without any issues.

The alternators are the same, although depending on what wiring you use, the plugs at the alternator end MIGHT be different.

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
                            my suggestion is dont put the B1 in it. The vtec sucks on these motors and they are hella slow. My buddy dale has one and i can kick the shit out of it with my auto. They are kinda gutless motors. I would stay with the F22a4, rebuild it, and put some bolt ons on it.
                            what kinda car you were driving?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              The starters are interchangeable on like transmissions. So if you have a 5 speed and are keeping a 5 speed, then yes, it should work without any issues.

The alternators are the same, although depending on what wiring you use, the plugs at the alternator end MIGHT be different.

thanks appreciate it I will be taking some pics to show the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                                yes it will run the car but will cut out at 4600rpm with out the vtec hooked up do you have a tach with a shiftlight like a auto meter if so hookit to the wire with the tracer lines on it going to the actual light from the wiring harness

Is this the kind of tach you were talking about:

No how do you go about hooking up the wiring harness to shift light?

Comment

Working...
                                X