Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

Okay so I dropped a f23a in my cb7 and i wanted to know what ecu is best to run on it that'll have my vtec funtioning perfectly.

The usual method of doing any modification includes figuring most of the key obstacles out prior to actually going through with the work.

However, since you've done the work, I'll help you out. Be forewarned that for some unknown reason, anytime someone asks for help on this swap or the F22B1 it almost always results in them arguing with the answers given and creating new threads seeking new help. That said, this has been covered MANY times already as a quick search would have uncovered.

There is no correct ECU for this application. Your closest OBD1 ECU is the P0A from a '94-'95 Honda Accord EX. That engine has an intake manifold with much less volume, a milder camshaft and a head that doesn't flow quite as well. It won't be a perfect fit, but it's the best thing there is. Besides that option you can elect to go with a tuned P06 or P28 if those has been chipped and have the necessary features added (VTEC in the case of the P06). Pins A6 and A11 will need to be switched at the ECU plug as they are flipped internally within that ECU.

As for electronics, you should have used your F22A wiring harness as well as the distributor. The issue that you'll run into is the IACV. You should purchase an adapter such as the one sold by Rosko Racing to adapt your CB's 2-wire IACV to the F23A intake manifold. To can either use the F22A injectors or the F23A injectors assuming you delete the resistor box. That is covered at length on this site so please search for that information. The necessary VTEC wires can be salvaged from the F23A engine harness and added to the F22A harness.

I'm interested to know what you did for the driver's side engine mount bracket as some modification is needed to get it to fit in there perfectly.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

In the future, please use a descriptive thread title. Had Jarrett not taken the time to help you as much as he did, I'd have deleted your thread.

Comment

Sometimes I think the same thing. I don't realize until afterward that I answered something with a title that will be useful in zero search results and I think, "That was a waste of time."

I was caught off guard by a poster that had actually done work instead of just talking about it, I guess.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, sorry I'm kinda new to doing forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            The usual method of doing any modification includes figuring most of the key obstacles out prior to actually going through with the work.

However, since you've done the work, I'll help you out. Be forewarned that for some unknown reason, anytime someone asks for help on this swap or the F22B1 it almost always results in them arguing with the answers given and creating new threads seeking new help. That said, this has been covered MANY times already as a quick search would have uncovered.

There is no correct ECU for this application. Your closest OBD1 ECU is the P0A from a '94-'95 Honda Accord EX. That engine has an intake manifold with much less volume, a milder camshaft and a head that doesn't flow quite as well. It won't be a perfect fit, but it's the best thing there is. Besides that option you can elect to go with a tuned P06 or P28 if those has been chipped and have the necessary features added (VTEC in the case of the P06). Pins A6 and A11 will need to be switched at the ECU plug as they are flipped internally within that ECU.

As for electronics, you should have used your F22A wiring harness as well as the distributor. The issue that you'll run into is the IACV. You should purchase an adapter such as the one sold by Rosko Racing to adapt your CB's 2-wire IACV to the F23A intake manifold. To can either use the F22A injectors or the F23A injectors assuming you delete the resistor box. That is covered at length on this site so please search for that information. The necessary VTEC wires can be salvaged from the F23A engine harness and added to the F22A harness.

I'm interested to know what you did for the driver's side engine mount bracket as some modification is needed to get it to fit in there perfectly.

My god man you covered all the basics good loiking out.

StraightAs jamz720
            HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

Comment

Working...
            X