Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 9091 clear/reds can be found for about $150..IMO the 92/93's red/clears look better..im glad i picked mine up a few years ago before the price skyrocketed..just seen a set on andysautosport for $225..holy shit
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

once I find a cheap reliable way of making some I will that's not gonna happen though...would be super boss chief to start making them...what all would it take I wonder
      ____

Comment

red clears are great on a white cb,other then that they don't look right to me...just red out the stocks,just as good if not better imo

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          once I find a cheap reliable way of making some I will that's not gonna happen though...would be super boss chief to start making them...what all would it take I wonder
          Yeah, I wish this was anywhere near realistic, seriously. I was going to make a joke about trying to find depo's plastic injection molding production machinery for this that they're not using anymore on ebay japan or some crap, ha...ha . Maybe another company would step up and start producing this style again, but I know it's just a crazy dream. Not everyone has got the CB7 love bug.

I'll just have to check the member's ride threads for people in my area and take up thievery.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
          After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
          Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
          PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Yeah Ikonw it would sound stupid and naive, but, Hasn't anyone tried to decolour the amber/orange in the tails?

I still think that 92 93 coupes red/clear tails would look beautiful!
            sorry for being a dreamer lol!!
            Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
              Yeah Ikonw it would sound stupid and naive, but, Hasn't anyone tried to decolour the amber/orange in the tails?

I still think that 92 93 coupes red/clear tails would look beautiful!
              sorry for being a dreamer lol!!
              and how exactly would you do that...never heard of this...it isn't a coating the entire piece is amber
              ____

Comment

I know dude, but anyway I wanted to see if some body has tried it before, I regret we don't have junk yards here, or I would try to do it by cutting up the amber part and replacing it.
                Imma see if I can get a tail and try to do it.
                I think that's the way most of DIYs were created, by destroying
                Colombian CB7

Comment

I know dude, but anyway I wanted to see if some body has tried it before, I regret we don't have junk yards here, or I would try to do it by cutting up the amber part and replacing it.
                  Imma see if I can get a tail and try to do it.
                  I think that's the way most of DIYs were created, by destroying
                  all clears can be had on ebay for around 80 I think...heat 'em both up ans swap, then you can color or have all clears.

problem is, and someone here has tried this here, I don't know if the plastic molds are the same, the person who did it on here ended up having the end stick out, course he did ONLY the bottom piece. If I can't find red/clears I will eventually try this and make my own.
                  ____

Comment

Well just an interesting fact.
                    Somebody showed up at my mechnics shop today for a tail replacement, the guy had water coming into the tail for about 6 months, and to my surprise the colour in red part and some in the amber part has sahde away(I think that's the word); I mean you could see it clear dirty, in a manner of saying.

So if this happened just with water ad some sun, I don't think is totally crazy we can whipe the clour out of a tail.

I grabed that tail today and i have it at home, next week I'mma post the pic and begin experimenting with it, I hope i get some good results and finally do a DIY thread.

Just wanted to let you know, Thanks for reading!!!
                    Colombian CB7

Comment

Well just an interesting fact.
                      Somebody showed up at my mechnics shop today for a tail replacement, the guy had water coming into the tail for about 6 months, and to my surprise the colour in red part and some in the amber part has sahde away(I think that's the word); I mean you could see it clear dirty, in a manner of saying.

So if this happened just with water ad some sun, I don't think is totally crazy we can whipe the clour out of a tail.

I grabed that tail today and i have it at home, next week I'mma post the pic and begin experimenting with it, I hope i get some good results and finally do a DIY thread.

Just wanted to let you know, Thanks for reading!!!

Off of a cb7? If it was off one of our cars then it may work, but I've got water in my blinker and she sits in the sun...no fade. If it is off our cars then keep us informed.

If it isn't off a cb7 then the manufacturing may be different.
                      ____

Comment

Couldn't get the tail posted cause mother's day, but I will definetely post it and you'll see it with your own eyes!

You right about the water, I had some too and it didn't faint. but the tail is off aone of our Cb's hahaha and I won't rest until I hit the point of becoming it clear or totally confirm that is impossible to do it!
                        Colombian CB7

Comment

a manufacturer should hop on this..start making red/whites for 92 coupes dang it
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

eh...if they did they'd charge too much...
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                              eh...if they did they'd charge too much...
                              true, even though the same amount of material would be used to make them
                              technically the same goes with rims...about 10 dolars not even goes into building the rims but people will pay over a 1000 for some
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Well guys, definetely it is impossible to make tehem like in a kind of DIY, I managed to cut out the amber part without damaging the rest of the tail, but it took me almost a week, and besides that the clear part was a b***h to bend it and give it the same look.
                                It was pretty hard but at least I tried!!
                                thanks for reading!!!
                                Colombian CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X