No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on doing the valve lash adjustment and oil change tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be fairly nice.

I found that the oil pan gasket is seeping. Which I've came to expect at this mileage. It doesn't need tackled immediately but will before too long.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the mount is the same between the automatic or manual as it bolts to the block, not the transmission.

Its funny, I need to do the same maintenance to my car.

Comment

Ok Mike, thanks for that.

I don't know why I had to notch the bracket then. I would assume everyone else's didn't require this... I'll keep my eye out though.

The maintenance seems to never end. But it's kind of fun so I don't mind it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          Ok Mike, thanks for that.

I don't know why I had to notch the bracket then. I would assume everyone else's didn't require this... I'll keep my eye out though.

The maintenance seems to never end. But it's kind of fun so I don't mind it too much.
          The maintenance truly never ends. I thought my car was (mechanically) set after getting an alignment and new tires. WHen driving home from the alignment my cv axles started clicking
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
            The maintenance truly never ends. I thought my car was (mechanically) set after getting an alignment and new tires. WHen driving home from the alignment my cv axles started clicking
            It's always something man. I feel ya bro.

Comment

In the process of rebuilding the factory distributor.

A screw was rounded off as can be seen. I drilled it out. I don't recall ever messing with it although I guess I did cause the screw was already slightly rounded out. Either way, it's all good now.

Shaft seal came out when I took the shaft out. It's damaged as can be seen. Currently evaluating whether to clean it up and see how it runs or ditching the idea all together.

Comment

Changed the oil today as well as the fuel filter which I had been meaning to get back to for months. It went very easily with the Fram fuel filter. 15 minutes maybe.

Comment

My hard line snapped when I tried to change out my fuel filter. Glad yours went smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                    My hard line snapped when I tried to change out my fuel filter. Glad yours went smoothly.
                    Initially it was a pain. But since I went through all that before the first go around it was easier this time. I bent mine. If it's any consolation.

Comment

The fuel filter must have been dirty. It starts better now. Traditional Honda startup sound. Pleased.

Comment

Original dizzy rebuilt ready to go on. Have everything for valve lash. Plugs. Lower ball joint driver side. All on immediate to do list. After these the car is done. For now at least.

Comment

As if I wasn't busy enough, now it needs a new oil pan gasket. Will be redoing DIY.

Comment

Nice. I just did mine yesterday. Still have a faint oil burning smell I have to track down though...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              Nice. I just did mine yesterday. Still have a faint oil burning smell I have to track down though...
                              That's what I've got. And then checked it today after just changing the oil the other day it's on the bottom mark. So yeah... sucks.

Comment

Ordered:

Genuine Honda 11251-P0A-000 Oil Pan Gasket

Loctite 39158 Hi-Tack Stick Gasket Dressing

Beck Arnley 039-6322 Exhaust Gaskets (Hope these fit the DC Sports header, supposed to fit CB7 EX/SE models)

Comment

Working...
                                X