Cruise Control Button Migration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Button Migration?

So, I wanna get a sick JDM steering wheel, but I wanna keep my cruise control.
    I would absolutely love a S2000 Steering wheel, I adore those, but they're so expensive, plus I wouldn't mind the option to have a detachable wheel.
    Has anyone successfully kept cruise control with an aftermarket steering wheel?
    I'm faster then a prius

Not to my knowledge. Could be easily done if you know electronics. But not sure if you are talking about adding the button combo to the aftermarket wheel or relocating the buttons.

Comment

Yes keeping cruise control is easy. You have two main options.

Option no.1: relocate buttons yourself to somewhere external I.e. on the dash or something. Just requires modification of the clock spring. Pretty straight forward.

Option no.2: use a specific HKB (genuine) boss. There are hkb bosses avail from rhd Japan which have the cruise buttons built into the hub.

Works great.

If you're talking about keeping cruise control with an OEM.wheel then you'll need to look at the buttons and clock spring and customise but again this is doable.
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

I use a HKB boss, model number OH-120 available at RHDJapan and they ship worldwide. Not as convenient as having cruise control buttons on steering wheel but works better than you might think . Looks like this:

Last edited by lindiz; 11-01-2017, 12:42 PM.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Where are you looking that S2000 wheels are so expensive? I see them around the $150-200 range all day. You can also use EP3 or RSX wheels....they share the same outer wheel design, just with a different airbag cover.
          Last edited by Corweena; 11-02-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

The cruise control buttons are just that: buttons. They're simple momentary switches and can be replaced with a button anywhere you'd like, you just have to trace the wires. Our cars are simple when it comes to wiring.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

In my signature there are some manuals with the wiring diagrams to help you out if you need. I keep those there for a reason!
              Last edited by HappyGilmore; 11-09-2017, 01:13 PM. Reason: missed a word.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
              X