Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

e3 plugs worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e3 plugs worth it?

Simple I guess are e3 plugs worth getting? Anyone use them now

Not worth the money, the factory style NGK plug will work best.

Comment

Good enough for me lol they make a lot of claims and didn't know if they backed up what they say

Comment

iv been running e3s in my car ever sence iv done an h22 swap and theyre worth every penny in my book. starts better, runs cleaner, and gives more power on demand than others

Comment

Originally posted by H22znt View Post
          iv been running e3s in my car ever sence iv done an h22 swap and theyre worth every penny in my book. starts better, runs cleaner, and gives more power on demand than others
          Can I ask where your proof is?

Comment

Yeah, are you comparing your old ass 130hp F22 to a low-mileage 200hp H22? It sounds like these are the only plugs this H has seen under your ownership. The latter would start better, run cleaner, and have more get-up-and-go.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

in my old h22 i was running bosch platniums until i herd about these greatest change over iv made yet nd the proof is in my foot nd hand lol yea dude there a good spark plug id recomend them to almost anyone

Comment

There are NO worthwhile horsepower gains to be had from an ignition upgrade of any kind... ranging from gimicky plugs and wires to legitimate MSD ignition setups. Until you're making a serious amount of power, or revving well beyond the stock redline, you won't need anything "better" than stock.

If the first thing a product's advertisement has to tell you is how much power it'll make on your car, assume it's a lie.

Comment

I've never run less than ngK.... I'm running R's now an soon to switch to I think its the G-powers?... I'm running some crappy autozone cables now and I hate them... definelty going back to the ngk wires.... (f22b DOHC)
                  A 93 ACCORD??? PEOPLE STILL DRIVE THOSE????

Comment

Our cars want ngk or denso plug. Thats it.

The e3s will just spark over to one side of the electrode and when it wheres down it will start arching to the other side.
                    Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-11-2012, 11:35 AM.
                    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by H22znt View Post
                      in my old h22 i was running bosch platniums until i herd about these greatest change over iv made yet nd the proof is in my foot nd hand lol yea dude there a good spark plug id recomend them to almost anyone
                      Bosch was your problem there..... It is well documented that they run like crap in Honda engines. Any change in spark plug would have been a change for the better.

E3 are a gimmick spark plug and not worth a dime in a Honda engine. NGK G Power or Iridium if you want them to last longer.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I agree... never ran better than with ngk... even my usdm wires sit weird..
                        Barley make contact and don't fully seal all the way...
                        Same problem before I put ngk wires in the b2coupe
                        A 93 ACCORD??? PEOPLE STILL DRIVE THOSE????

Comment

Have any of you that posted that they aren't worth it tried them?

I've used E3 plugs in my H22A1 and they work beautifully. I used to use nothing but NGK, but since I went to the E3's the car starts quicker and runs smoothly. Maybe a slight difference on the butt dyno and a marginal increase in fuel economy. The biggest difference I've noticed is that they don't seem to wear out. I've had them in my motor for probably about 25,000 miles and they still look new other than a slight discoloration.

So, yeah. I speak from experience. If you don't agree then try the E3 plugs for at least a few thousand miles, then tell me why they don't work.
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Never said that they don't work, just said that they weren't worth a dime and that they probably won't work as well as OEM plugs. I had a set of NGK's in my car for 5 years approx. 80,000 miles. I was still getting 28mpg. When I tore the engine down they still looked like new, except for a good brownish tan colour on the insulator. Tell me why I should switch to anything else?

Let us know how your car starts and what your fuel economy is like in another 40,000 miles.
                            Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-11-2012, 01:18 PM.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

How do you know that they "aren't worth a dime"? Have you tried them?
                              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                              X