Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to forum... W'sup from SF Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum... W'sup from SF Bay Area

Hello CB7TUNER...

My name is Dino from the SF Bay Area. I just bought a white 93 5sp EX off CL (for $500)! I'm so excited! She has 216,XXX miles on her, tires are near NEW, have all the documentation from the very 1st owner (I'm her 3rd). For that price, my only concern was if she would pass smog since the seller didn't provide a smog certificate.

Took her the next day to the smog shop, she passed smog... transferred the title to my name, and found out that her tags are good through APR 2016! WHAT A WAY TO SWEETEN THE DEAL!

Anyways, I bought her with the intention of using her as a DD (my SUV is a gas hog and I can only ride one of the kids on the motorcycle!) and to primarily transport my kids to baseball/basketball games and tournaments... BUT, seeing some off the CB7s/CB9s in this forum has got my blood flowing!

Really, the only thing missing on her was the rear headrests... SHE HAS THE TRUNK COVER WITH THE PET SCREEN! \/

Already looking to modify her... 1st on my list: Legend front lip, fogs, intersection lights, some side skirts from a 5/6th gen Accord (anyone know if the side skirts fit on our wagons? Direct swap?), and roof rails.

Future mods: wheels/tires, suspension, h22 swap, lsd tranny... (of course I'm gonna ride what I have until the wheels fall off before I do these mods!) Unless, I just so happen to get a great deal on any of these items.

I'm getting too far ahead of myself... LoL! Anyways, I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and stories with all of you!

Last edited by dvsone1; 03-10-2015, 05:24 PM. Reason: add picture

Welcome to the site. Only $500? That's an awesome deal for that car! Early last year I was actually looking for a white CB9 but just couldn't find anything reasonably priced or they were too beat to hell. I ended up with a white 95 Odyssey instead.

Seeing as it is 22 years young, I would first make it reliable for years to come before I do any mods. But it looks to be in great shape, so that maybe not be such a big ordeal for you. Also, you'll come see how easy these accords can be to work on and that they can be a great learning experience.

Keep us updated.

Comment

im jealous! Ive always wanted a white cb9! and with no rust, and ex, for $500 that is a steal

Comment

a very nice find and great price too super deal

Comment

Your picture does not work. Please correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
            Welcome to the site. Only $500? That's an awesome deal for that car! Early last year I was actually looking for a white CB9 but just couldn't find anything reasonably priced or they were too beat to hell. I ended up with a white 95 Odyssey instead.

Seeing as it is 22 years young, I would first make it reliable for years to come before I do any mods. But it looks to be in great shape, so that maybe not be such a big ordeal for you. Also, you'll come see how easy these accords can be to work on and that they can be a great learning experience.

Keep us updated.
            I got lucky with this one! I happened to check CL and there she was... just posted 5 minutes ago. All the other wagons in my area went for around $2K and up (and that was the with blown head gaskets or bad trannys).

Everything on the wagon works great! The previous owner did all the service maintenance and had receipts for EVERYTHING! Only thing not working is the OEM keyless entry. The tires are like new but I'm itching to put new shoes on her...

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
            im jealous! Ive always wanted a white cb9! and with no rust, and ex, for $500 that is a steal
            And, it's a 5sp...

Originally posted by wagonkid View Post
            a very nice find and great price too super deal
            Thanks! I'm excited...

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Your picture does not work. Please correct it.
            Hmm... weird?! I posted with Photobucket

Comment

It's looks just too awesome to cost only 500$! Congrats with a good deal, my friend! We need to see much more pictures I guess.. Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Kryuga View Post
                It's looks just too awesome to cost only 500$! Congrats with a good deal, my friend! We need to see much more pictures I guess.. Haha!
                Many, many more pictures!

And for the great find, and A+ for the 5 speed to boot!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Kryuga View Post
                  It was an AWESOME find! There is minor damage to the bumpers and minor dents in the body but otherwise in great shape!

More pics will come as I start modifying!
                  Last edited by dvsone1; 03-20-2015, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    Many, many more pictures!

And for the great find, and A+ for the 5 speed to boot!
                    Yeah brah! Definitely more pics to come...

Eh bruddah, what suspension setup you runnin' on your wagon? Specs on setup?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by dvsone1 View Post
                        Yeah brah! Definitely more pics to come...

Eh bruddah, what suspension setup you runnin' on your wagon? Specs on setup?
                        I'm running Form & Function Coil-Overs .. better ride than OEM!
                        A lil pricey, but the best suspension I've ever had on any car ... plug n play.
                        No specs really .. I believe the dampners are set to the softest .. and I'm about 2" lower.
                        If you're looking for a good set-up .. F&F will rule you.
                        And I'm running 205/55/16's, with some niiiice Kumho's ..
                        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 03-20-2015, 06:58 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                          I'm running Form & Function Coil-Overs .. better ride than OEM!
                          A lil pricey, but the best suspension I've ever had on any car ... plug n play.
                          No specs really .. I believe the dampners are set to the softest .. and I'm about 2" lower.
                          If you're looking for a good set-up .. F&F will rule you.
                          And I'm running 205/55/16's, with some niiiice Kumho's ..
                          So, you have FnF Type 2's?

Maybe you might know the answer to this:

Do the ebay Depo Amber Corners for the CB7's fit our wagons? I wanna rock the ambers before I get a set of 1pc JDM headlights...

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
                            Welcome to the forum, nice find!
                            Thanks, Prez!

So I see you're in the 510... I reside in the 415. Gotta see your ride sometime...

Comment

Upgrading Stereo - Double Din Install (Kenwood DDX6019)

I haven't really been able to do much with the wagon since I bought her in March. I couldn't pass up this deaI though! I had some time over the weekend to install a Kenwood DDX6019 headunit in the wagon. I know this is an older model double din unit (2007) but I bought it used from CL for pretty cheap.

The seller originally wanted $140 for it but after a little negotiating, I got it for $60 bucks! Not bad for a unit that plays DVDs and has Bluetooth/Navigation/Backup Camera capabilities...

Included in the buy:

Headunit (Kenwood DDX6019)
                              iPod Interface (Kenwood KCA-iP500)
                              iPod Composite A/V Cable (Griffin)
                              Remote
                              Power Wire Harness

Missing:

Metal Sleeve/Cage
                              Plastic Trim

I wanted to put off the installation until I was able to get everything else (BT Adapter, GPS, Backup Camera) but I had an older Blaupunkt Stereo (BPV755) that came with the wagon. It didn't read MP3s, didn't have an AUX input and the detachable face had to be rigged in way for the face to stay in place (one of the tabs broke off so the face wouldn't even attach).

Anyways... after some research, I figured out that I didn't need the metal sleeve/cage for the install. I ended up going to Bestbuy to purchase an installation kit (Metra 95-7801) for under $10, made specifically for the Accord. And some M5 .80x8mm screws (8x), so I got to work...

Here are some pics:

Here is the Blaupunkt BPV755 stereo that my wagon came with... See the seatbelt clip that I used in the lower right corner?! Only way I could get the detachable face to stay in place so that the stereo could come on... LoL!

The Kenwood DDX6019... did I mention that I got it for $60 bucks?! CL!

Here is the the Kenwood installed... Playing Furious 7 through my iPhone. ( Ronda Rousey!)

The Metra Kit was a bit of a puzzle, but I figured it out. I did have to do some minor trimming at the top of the dash opening because the installion kit was SO snug that it bowed at the top, and it bothered me so much... after the trimming, it fit perfectly!

These are some 12" JL W3 subs I have laying around... had them in a 95 Civic LX that I sold. They will be going into the wagon!

...and that was my Sunday afternoon! How was yours?
                              Last edited by dvsone1; 04-20-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X