Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 ex project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 ex project

Hello all I'm embarking on my first cb7 build which should be entertaining as I am not the best mechanic . My 93 ex is compete stock and had been my Daily for the past 18 months. I live this car and I'd like to show her some love. It has 166,XXX miles. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks !

Last edited by Jarrett; 07-08-2015, 09:53 PM.

Tossing another bolt in the license plate to hold it up correctly wouldn't be a bad start.

Maintenance should always trump performance when "building" a car. If you can upgrade while doing maintenance at the same time, even better. An example would be a set of Koni yellow shocks to replace a worn or blown factory suspension. Or an aftermarket header to replace one with a blown out flex pipe.

Most people forego common sense and hop right into poorly-fitted (and made) wheels, roof racks and hood bras all the while neglecting the fact that their car is being held together by the very rust that sought to destroy it.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the help . I do all the scheduled maintenence and it is up to date . The flex pipe is leaking , who makes a header you would recommend? I'm a believer in good brakes and suspension as a first for auto upgrades. A clean sleeper look is what I have in mind. I have the bolt on lay away for the license plate a couple more pays and that some gun is mine. Lol.

Comment

Looks like he actually needs the whole license plate bracket. I forget if the bracket mounting holes are correctly spaced for the plate alone? Not too much rust in the quarters for an Ohio car? What part of Ohio? I'm in the Cincinnati area if you need any help.

Barbed wire there to keep you in or others out?
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nice looking car, plenty of potential there.

Comment

I am in Columbus if your out this way and need a hand.
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

The barbed wire is at work In Canton at station 1 FD. The rust is minimal but it needs fixed this summer because if the nasty brine they put on the roads here just destroys metal .I do need the entire bracket for the front plate. I am looking at a Manzo header on ebay , anyone using one if these? If you are around the Canton / Akron area and need a hand hit me up.

Comment

[/IMG] Stock exhaust manifold and the header installed .

Comment

Motegi rims from craigslist

I'm having trouble uploading photos and I'm not sure why. So this month I've upgraded the factory audio with pioneer 6x9s in the rear deck and 5 1/4 in the doors. I'm subscribed to xbox music so I went with a jvc media unit with Bluetooth. Thanks for the great wiring diagrams that made the installation mindless. I found a set of motegi rims on craigslist that I bought for 100.00 and then put new 215 45 17 general tires. Thanks for the great information on what size tires to keep the speedo accurate. While installing the tires I found both front springs broken so I ordered and installed new front struts and springs. I didn't lower my car due to replacing 2 oil pans on my mk4 vr6 jetta which sits lower than my cb but is at a factory height from potholes in the nasty ohio winters. So I went with unity oem replacement I'm gonna try this afternoon to upload more photos.

Comment

Broken spring

Comment

New struts and springs

Comment

Cross drilled slotted rotor

Comment

More to do.

I also replaced both lower ball joints and I need to do an upper control arm and new tie rod ends to be safe and solid.

Comment

Welcome Matt, you're doing this the right way. And +1 for the Cobalt Blue?
                            Beautiful Accord! Take good care of her!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thanks, Pakaolol , it's granite metallic and needs repainted. All the information on this site is awesome and easy to find with search. Plus it's nice that everyone wants to help .

Comment

Working...
                              X