Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stainless Steel Clutch Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Steel Clutch Line?

So I'm looking for a braided stainless steel clutch line that I can run from my clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder uninterrupted. I've seen the small segments that replace the rubber hose, but I want a complete line. I'd make it myself, but I don't know what the CMC or SC connectors thread pitches are (since they are different) and don't have a measuring tool either, so I'm wondering, does anybody know? Or have any idea where I could just pick one up for a decent price?

Its pointless unless you make two 10mm fittings and connect from CMC to SC. If you buy the SS line that replaces it the whole thing will be steel...Only a few portions are rubber but the rest are steel. IMO your better off just buying the line and saving you the money and tiem.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have a Tokico CMC and SC. Im using all OEM lines currently, however, my car started its life as an automatic. The lines were damaged during disassembly and I just want to replace the whole thing. And on another note, the fittings are two different sizes.

I went to autozone a while back and bought a hard brake-line with 10mm fittings that fit into the SC, but when i got home, I found it didn't fit the CMC. My main issue is the mismatched sizes, and my inability to measure the fittings threads. Making a Stainless Steel line is easy, i just cant find information/products.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I'm running a full stainless braided clutch line, much simpler when doing the auto->manual swap. I ordered it from Bonaco Inc. Braided Stainless Teflon, -3AN, 12mmX1.0 master, 10mmX1.0 slave. You will have to check to see whether you need convex or concave, male/female because I can't remember, and one end needs to swivel so you can screw it on after the other end is attached.

I'm not sure what the degrees on the fittings are, but whatever Bonaco sells, is the same as the OEM Accord. If you don't mind posting up the concave/convex specs, I'd appreciate it so I can make a record of this, it took almost 30 minutes for me to dig up the info I have here.

I think I purchased one 4 feet long which is plenty. If you want to hug the wirewall where it won't be seen go with 5ft.

It'll work best if you have a 135 degree bend put on the MC end, but a straight fitting WILL work with the -3AN size (what I have for cost reasons). I'll try to remember to get some pics of my setup later today.
          Last edited by 19dabeast85; 06-28-2009, 02:23 AM.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
          X