No announcement yet.

Sonikaccord : 2001 Honda Prelude Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check hoses too for the evap code, and do some electrical wizardry on the VTEC solenoid. Probably something stupid simple. Looks better off the floor.

Comment

Turns out the connectors were swapped on the EVAP purge solenoid and that other thing. Oops. Not too big of a hit in the wallet. I'll throw mine's on eBay.

My oil light flickers at idle after I've been commuting for about 30 mins. I'm going to do an oil change because I don't know what weight oil is in this thing. Maybe it'll fix my vtec issue.

Thanks Chris. I agree, I've never been a fan of the whole slam it to the ground thing.

My dad found a guy with a Trans am that's collecting dust...if it's an '00 or '01 then I'll dump the Lude for that no questions. Hell if it's any year with a v8 and a manual trans.
      Last edited by sonikaccord; 01-29-2016, 10:06 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Glad it was stupid simple to fix. Yeah on the Trans Am. If it's an LT/LS it will be a 6-speed too. I honestly think it would give you less problems than the lude too.

Comment

VTAK works

It was a clogged screen. I have pics, prepared to be grossed out. I guess the previous owner of the engine never took it up past 5k.

I seriously may want to let this thing go now that it's operational. Even if I break even, I still have 2 free engines. This stalling and oil light issue scares me. The motor feels and sounds healthy though. I have a couple more things to try, if it doesn't work, then I'm going to get rid of her. Going to see more about that T/A.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Try running some oil flush. The clogged VTEC screen makes me think clogged passages too. Sea foam or marvel for 15 minutes before oil change, see if it helps. Maybe the oil sender? Stalling is weird though idk about that one.

Comment

I figured out what it was...bad news. That was a bearing taking a shit. I got some serious rod knock on the home today. So that pretty much wraps this project up in short order. It's strange though, I feel like it was something I overlooked and could have prevented...maybe this is destiny telling me to go back and focus on the CB. idk...kinda pissed, but not really. I think this was much needed, something to get out of my system. I started to feel myself about to sink a lot of money into this,

Here are some pics of the VTEC solenoid:

All cleaned:

Bay pic:

Botched wiring that I fixed:

Remnants of the oil from the most recent change:

Look at all those metal shavings...It was good while it lasted, back to bae.
              Last edited by sonikaccord; 09-06-2017, 08:12 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What you have sir, is the perfect donor for your cb, Strip and scrap it. make sure you hack it up with a swazall first, just because it's so much fun and it will make you feel better
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I actually got a sawzall for xmas too. Lol

Let's see:
                  Engine
                  wheels
                  New cat
                  Suspension
                  Seats
                  Instrument cluster
                  Spc camber kit from the rear

And I learned the SH suspension bolts on to 4th gen Preludes, which means they bolt on to CBs. Random fact.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Don't forget the 5 lug, full prelude lca , spindles, radius arms. the turn in from that swap might have been the greatest handling improvement i made.
                    of course then its not as forgiving on dumbass mistakes.
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Wear the emblem as a necklace. Still sucks :/

Let me know if you need help with it

Comment

Haha. Like a sacrifice, right?

I think I'm going to throw it on eBay. I really don't want to deal with the craigslist BS. The part that really sucks is the PO loves this car and I empathize with him. I think he just got a bad motor, and I was going to try to clean it up. That's dead now.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It ain't dead yet...I found an auto lude that has a transmission problem.

So for 1k, I can pick up
                          Engine
                          Interior
                          A/C lines and compressor
                          Oem PS pump
                          Sawblades
                          A good exhaust
                          A sunroof visor
                          5lug parts to sell on here
                          A clean shell to sell to someone who wants to do a v6 swap.
                          Misc bolts and screws
                          Honeycomb grill
                          New radiator is included.

Not bad. I'm going to check this car out tomorrow. I just hope he hasn't ran it hot.
                          2001 Honda Prelude - $1000
                          http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5387344358.html

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

"Good dependable car"
                            "Overheats and has a slipping transmission"

Dumbass. Not you of course.

Comment

So the major hold up on this car is my better half...she doesn't want me to spend anymore time on it.

But I want to do this:

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The secret to keeping your better half off your ass when modding cars. Build her a car first. Remodeling your house if she doesn't like cars works as well. Doing both will keep you free and clear for years to come.
                                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
                                X