Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn man it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
      IMO....FUK THE LOW END...u don't need that shit when u race...that's just a get up and go power man..i mean..IMO...when u race and u Hop the other guy off the line...yeah u got him...but he's topend will get you...IMO...ACCORD'S TOPEND ISN'T that STRONG...not trying to flame..but i like the fact that Jun_ii says the power starts to unleash at 4,000 rpm..so im thinkng he gained topend a bit but not much of a diffrence...
      I hope you are joking about the low end comment. Basically your just saying screw torque....

Originally posted by deevergote
      The Megan headers are good for probably about 3whp over the F22A4 manifold. Not great, but good for the price.

If you're worried about heat, get some header wrap for it.
      Header wrap can be a double edge sword. It helps with the temperature but it also traps unwanted heat.

Comment

i got some like that, but mine were 80 shipped and do the same thing. imo the only way to get serious power gains out of headers is to buy the 300 dollar ones...our cheap ones are just for looks. but thats just me. my first true noticeable power increase was better plugs and wires. talk about a difference man...but then again the previous owner had my car all sorts of fd up lol.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
          I hope you are joking about the low end comment. Basically your just saying screw torque....

Header wrap can be a double edge sword. It helps with the temperature but it also traps unwanted heat.

i agree with him it causes unwanted heat and that makes the header crack and thats the one you don't want

Comment

Originally posted by b-bomb
            My o2 sensor is on the downpipe. That's where it was on the stock downpipe on the 91 EX. I think on other trims like the dx and lx they are on the header itself. Anyway the megan header comes with 2 holes, one in each place, so it works either way.
            And yeah, I've noticed a bit of difference with top end, a huge difference with sound, and I haven't even got the hi flow cat on yet cuz the bolts were too rusted on.
            oic, yah my o2 sensor hooks up directly to my header and i think i got a problem with my o2 sensor cuz if i drive my car too long my engine light comes on...

Comment

Header wrap does trap heat just like ceramic coating. It helps speed up the exhaust gases, allowing for better cylinder scavaging. The reason the header cracks is because it's not wrapped tight enough and moisture is drawn into it creating a pocket between the header and the wrap. I've ran header wrap for 6 years on the same header and it was fine. Also on d-series.org theres a write up on it by transzex.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                i got some like that, but mine were 80 shipped and do the same thing. imo the only way to get serious power gains out of headers is to buy the 300 dollar ones...our cheap ones are just for looks. but thats just me. my first true noticeable power increase was better plugs and wires. talk about a difference man...but then again the previous owner had my car all sorts of fd up lol.
                Negatory. Just because something costs more doesnt mean its better. The product is only better if it has been tested before on previous applications and has proven gains. This is why SMSP, Hytech, RMF and all that are up there. As for header for F series I would prob check out Bisi's if he makes one which I do think he does. I am running an ebay header...I dont really care it works.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i'm getting a megan header soon too. see how she goes
                  my kitted cb7

Soarer Source | The Home Of The Toyota Soarer and Lexus Sc300 sc400

Comment

I got my Megan header on my BB2 H23 Lude. Feels a slight loss of bottom end torque but I also put it on when I got my 2.25" exhaust and test pipe. Once you get up in the rpms range, it helps some but it's not gonna give you 15 hp like an RMF or something. For what it cost, I'm very pleased with the construction of it and for the most part, performance.

Comment

Pacesetter headers?

I've heard of megan headers and they seem pretty good. But what about pacesetter brand? They have them painted black at autopartswarehouse.com for like $170, and ceramic coated for about $275. Has anyone bought these or heard much about them? I want some headers that will go good with the magnaflow 2.25" exhaust system, I'm going for power more than looks here. I'm at an estimated 130 hp right now and I'd like to get up to at least 150 hp by the end of this summer. Any header advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Have the same header on the h22, good product and keep the heat shield off, looks better

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Hey thanks for the link regarding the proper wrapping of headers...

Comment

Originally posted by si_speed
                            I got my Megan header on my BB2 H23 Lude. Feels a slight loss of bottom end torque but I also put it on when I got my 2.25" exhaust and test pipe. Once you get up in the rpms range, it helps some but it's not gonna give you 15 hp like an RMF or something. For what it cost, I'm very pleased with the construction of it and for the most part, performance.
                            What's an RMF?
                            No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

I need new headers! link to the megan racing ones u guys bought? price range? and where can i get this header wrap?

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                              out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Why? You can only use one at a time

RMF makes REALLY good headers... but they're REALLY expensive.

Pacesetter is not known for great stuff... they seem to think they're good by the way they word their ads, but I've never heard any praise from anyone.

As far as inexpensive headers go, Megan is probably the best route. They're a copy of the DC Sports design, which is decent (still not great... but I'd take the Megan over the DC, since the cost/hp ratio is better!)

And yeah, if you want a GOOD F22 header, check out the offerings from Bisimoto. I don't think anything is availible yet, but there will be soon. Bisi is the only well known pro drag racer than runs an F series (non-s2000) engine, and he's running mid-9s NA. He knows his stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X