Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

neon lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neon lights

Hey yall! Just to liven up my interior a lil bit i bought a neon 10" light to install in my 93 LX 2dr, but i wanna hook 4 10" tubes to my seats the front and back and hook them all up to a single switch. They are the pulse kind that go with the music and they're pretty sick so i like em. I just need to know of asetup that can allow me to do this especially places to tap into 12V instead of plugginf the neon tubes directly into the cigarette lighter which looks like crap to me. Just need a little input th8nx.

You can run a wire from the battery through the front of the door (doorjam) and into the car. Splice the neon wires and hook it all up to the switch. Tuck it all up underneath the passenger side of the dash. I did this with my '89.

generic short-ram
    generic strut tower bar
    hid bulbs all around
    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

Originally posted by '93EX
      You can run a wire from the battery through the front of the door (doorjam) and into the car. Splice the neon wires and hook it all up to the switch. Tuck it all up underneath the passenger side of the dash. I did this with my '89.
      Running wires through the jam is always a bad idea. I have them running through the door for my PFM's and I don't like it at all.

There's a plug in the passenger side footwell you can open up for access to run wires from the bay into the car if you need to.

Running directly to the battery is a bad idea for things like that. I know most people do that for a system (myself included) but system wiring is generally fused.

I actually tapped my radio power wire for my neon tubes, which make things a lot easier as there's no wiring to run through the firewall.

Comment

why dont you guys just use those quad sockets thats what I use for my neons

Comment

man just do this cut the yellow wire on ya radio and run it to a switch then of the otha prong on the switch run it to the first light + side and then connect all ur +'s together. then hook up all ur -'s and run them to the black wire on ur radio and ur done. cut off them plugs

Comment

you should use the same neons they use in computers, cold cathodes. you can get them off of ebay for probably cheaper, they run cold, and you can tap your cigarette lighter power to power the cathodes, since they need 12volts from a computer, and a cigarette lighter puts out the same. no need to run any wires from the engine to inside of the car.

Comment

Yeah thanks yall

I was thinking of running a switch next to the e-brake where those four little holes are that come out (what are they for anywayz?), but im gonna try the neon tubes out the blue loooks tight as hell in the car. Going to get new seats and myu interior redone lol and a body kit a lot of big plans coming around for me and my car Plus a h22 swap heehee looking for one though thats cheap. o yeah any suggestions on a back seat (not a lot of those around)

Comment

do you want new seats, because you could just pick like a central theme like red/black or something for the interior and you can just reupholster them in the colors you want. that is what i am thinking of doing and having it leather instead of my cloth but i dont have the money now

Comment

Working...
                X