help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help....

so, I have a belt that looks like its rubbing against the motor.. there is a sound thats kinda a high pitched noise, and im assuming that thats what is creating the sound.. but, i dont know how to adjust this belt.. so i have a picture that i put an arrow pointing to where its rubbing. If ANYONE can HELP let me know please! ith the image doesnt work Email me at poorskater@gmail.com or IM me on either msn or AIm.. thanks guys

How long has the belt been making this noise? And is this because you recently changed the belt, or messed with the tension or mounting bolts?

The belt is probably just loose. And if it's been this way for awhile, you may need a new belt. Read a manual and learn how to adjust the tension.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

is that one side of the belt supposed to be flat? i thought the whole thing was ribbed?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hehehe....yep, I see that all the time. When the timing belt gets replaced alot of people (especially aftermarket shops) forget to reinstall the tensioner bolt gromet. There is a rubber gromet o-ring that slips over the tensioner bolt and this is what holds the center part of the lower cover in place. If it is not reinstalled, the cover sticks out and can start to contact the A/C belt. Whats worse is when the cam seal starts leaking the oil seams to distort the lower cover even more....to the point where the A/C belt starts digging into the cover and eventually shreds the A/C belt. The only way to fix this is to replace the lower timing cover and install that o-ring. Since this is alot of work, I would just hold off until the next time you get the t-belt replaced.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by poorskater
          so, I have a belt that looks like its rubbing against the motor.. there is a sound thats kinda a high pitched noise, and im assuming that thats what is creating the sound.. but, i dont know how to adjust this belt.. so i have a picture that i put an arrow pointing to where its rubbing. If ANYONE can HELP let me know please! ith the image doesnt work Email me at poorskater@gmail.com or IM me on either msn or AIm.. thanks guys
          橡膠墊片要套在外面,皮帶就不會磨到正時皮帶外殼

Comment

橡膠墊片要套在外面,皮帶就不會磨到正時皮帶外殼
            Um, translation?

The rubber filling piece must wrap in outside, the leather belt cannot
            rub to 正時 the leather belt outer covering
            ?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

well

Originally posted by mrhonda
              hehehe....yep, I see that all the time. When the timing belt gets replaced alot of people (especially aftermarket shops) forget to reinstall the tensioner bolt gromet. There is a rubber gromet o-ring that slips over the tensioner bolt and this is what holds the center part of the lower cover in place. If it is not reinstalled, the cover sticks out and can start to contact the A/C belt. Whats worse is when the cam seal starts leaking the oil seams to distort the lower cover even more....to the point where the A/C belt starts digging into the cover and eventually shreds the A/C belt. The only way to fix this is to replace the lower timing cover and install that o-ring. Since this is alot of work, I would just hold off until the next time you get the t-belt replaced.
              i havent gotten the timing belt done though.. so..

Comment

it could be that your crankshaft pulley has separated and has pulled the belt towards the timing belt cover. same thing happened to me but the belt went away from the cover and started to rub against the power steering belt.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...nkshaft+pulley

if this is the case, replace the crankshaft pulley! good luck.
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by poorskater
                  i havent gotten the timing belt done though.. so..
                  Well then, I would say that just a shredded A/C belt and a little noise really isn't your top priority right now.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                  X