Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

*new* engine running like a bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*new* engine running like a bag

ok... heres the deal... just last week i ran a can of seafoam through the vacuum line, it stalled out the engine and sucked more in... went to start it and disasters happened.

the motor from my parts car went in, fired up fine and everything, moves the car... all should be good

if the accelerator is pressed between ~1% and ~20% of the way down the car is very choppy and it is hard to keep it running. if i floor it though, it peels away fine. It almost seems like its running too rich.

just some notes...
    - my car is a 92 LX auto (sedan)
    - parts car is a 90 LX auto (coupe)
    - the coolant gauge isn't working, reads zero.
    - the connector on the left side of the engine (a 5-pin on the 92 and a 7 pin on the 90). All i did was make some jumper wires with terminals on the ends to jumper the same colour wires together. there are 2 more wires on the motor that i have no idea what they are for.
    - it doesn't seem like its running too hot, but I'm pretty sure the coolant temp sensor plays a major role in the fuel/air mixture, if its readings are not present, the computer will sub in its own values to keep you running.
    - i also did an A/C delete (i just cut the lines and removed the compressor, is there anything else i should have done)

thanks in advance... you guys are great
    My Rides:

you might want to make sure that your o2 sensor is working good, also double check the coolant lines and make sure they arent backwards or something, and make sure your coolant is bled. Its supposed to just affect idle, but couldnt hurt. If that fails, make sure the egr is clean, and the iacv as well.

I'll look up the pin diagram for that plug in a little bit, the manual isnt indexed so i have to guess to find the right page.
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

i just flashed out codes and this is what we have:

3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
      5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
      15 Ignition output signal

3 and 5 are probably just a swap of MAPs, but 15 has me boggled.
      the motor i put in my car (1990) has the internal coil and the one that was in my car (1992) has an external coil. Would this play any role in the situation?

thanks in advance guys
      My Rides:

Comment

Originally posted by demortey@mac.co
        i put in my car (1990) has the internal coil and the one that was in my car (1992) has an external coil. Would this play any role in the situation?

thanks in advance guys
        did you jump the pins?

Comment

you do realize that you arent suppose to run the entire can through the vacuum line...just 1/3
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            you do realize that you arent suppose to run the entire can through the vacuum line...just 1/3
            ^x2 yeah 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in vacuum line, 1/3 in oil crankcase

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thats all i did run through. i put 1/3 in the gas, 1/3 in the oil and the last 1/3 that was left i sucked through a vacuum line. I have my idle turned right down so it stalled out easy. you're really supposed to have the throttle about 1/4 - 1/2 open when you do it too. i'll learn for next time though. i tore the motor down today and found out that i really didn't have to change it... it was just the starter that needed to be swapped and its gear and pieces of its housing removed from the bellhousing.

it's all good... now i have a good motor to start working on

i figured out the problems too. i didn't have the proper gasket when putting the TB back on, so i made one with RTV and it got into the MAP sensor cavity. Made a new gasket for it out of material and its all good now.
              Last edited by demortey@mac.co; 05-20-2008, 12:36 AM.
              My Rides:

Comment

i still don't understand why the ignition return signal (code15) would have been thrown. It doesn't seem like that would be related to MAP issues (code 3 and 5).
                My Rides:

Comment

Working...
                X