Cheapest H22 Swap Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ray ray View Post
    there was only like a 10 horsepower difference between north american and jdm h22's but i may be wrong. and yes a p13 ecu is the best man. i tried all the different ecu's and mine ran the best with the p13.
    cool... thnx for the info man. how do you tell if its a jdm or a north american engine?
    My Rides:

Comment

welcome back Ray!! lol. i found mine for $600 its a sh block though. but i got the schematics and a piece of steel for the adapter plate i need to make. and the way to tell the diff is american is gonna have h22aX, x stands for a number 1, 4, or i think 7 not sure. and jdm will just be h22a i believe. it will be stamped on the block to the left of the header

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

cool... thnx... i'm pretty sure it just said H22A. that would be dope if it was a jdm engine
        My Rides:

Comment

I concure, if it has a number designation, then it is either USDM or EDM, number dependant. No number = JDM

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Don't urethane new mounts if you don't have to. My old mounts were shot when I urethaned them, and they worked fine.

In fact, they worked too fine. I ended up replacing them with new OEM mounts once I got sick of holding the idle @ 1100 rpm to keep the dashboard from rattling itself to pieces.

Comment

Mine rattles the hell out of my dash if it below about 650-700 rpms. That rhd crx could be a fun little project car.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                Don't urethane new mounts if you don't have to. My old mounts were shot when I urethaned them, and they worked fine.

In fact, they worked too fine. I ended up replacing them with new OEM mounts once I got sick of holding the idle @ 1100 rpm to keep the dashboard from rattling itself to pieces.
                yeah i got sick of my solid mount so i swapped in my old mount and put an ES insert in. MUCH better w/ the added support.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

damn the canadians... they get rhd vehicles so easily..
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Hey man, I'm curious, what junkyard did you go to? Did they have anything else there worth grabbing?

And one more thing. Did you find out how much they wanted for the CRX? If the shell's in good condition, I might just come grab it........
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

There is actually a 6HP difference between the USDM H22 and the JDM H22.

The USDM H22A1 is rated at 190HP.

The JDM one is rated at 200 PS. When you convert 200PS to HP, you get 196.

But it is a sweet deal anyway.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i wouldnt bother with any of that shit. i'd just throw the motor in the cb7 and wait another 15k for the timing belt
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
                          Hey man, I'm curious, what junkyard did you go to? Did they have anything else there worth grabbing?

And one more thing. Did you find out how much they wanted for the CRX? If the shell's in good condition, I might just come grab it........
                          HAHAHA if i told u that i'd have to kill you. nah... i'm just playin. its a place called frontier auto dismantlers. i'm gonna grab some more pix of the crx. if you call there, ask for Bumpage. tell him Drew from Peninsula Motors told you to call.

You can see their website here
                          My Rides:

Comment

Originally posted by demortey@mac.co View Post
                            HAHAHA if i told u that i'd have to kill you. nah... i'm just playin. its a place called frontier auto dismantlers. i'm gonna grab some more pix of the crx. if you call there, ask for Bumpage. tell him Drew from Peninsula Motors told you to call.

You can see their website here
                            Thanks man. I was just checking Mapquest and it's just about an hour away from my house. I'm gonna shoot them an email tomorrow to see what the condition of the CRX is and how much they want for it.
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post
                              Thanks man. I was just checking Mapquest and it's just about an hour away from my house. I'm gonna shoot them an email tomorrow to see what the condition of the CRX is and how much they want for it.
                              i'm gonna be going out there to prep my motor if this snow ever stops. i can grab a few pix of it if you haven't been able to see it. ill get pix of everything so you know what kind of car you have, what kind of parts are on it and all that stuff.

OH... the cheapest swap just got cheaper... i managed to talk the wreckers down to $400 ($330USD)!!! wow man.
                              My Rides:

Comment

Awesome price !

Comment

Working...
                                X