No power on acc circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power on acc circuit

Hi guys, i'm working on a 92 accord EX-R. It has no power on the acc circuit. The customer has rigged a switch in from the constant +12V to the switched +12V to power the acc. I've tried changing main relays with the one from my car and nothing. All fuses are good (checked with a test light, not just visual).

I can't figure this out for the life of me...
    My Rides:

have u check both under the hood and under the dash fuses??? did the customer say what happen to possibly cause the lose of power? ie. were they putting in a radio changing batterys grand ma's cane pull a wire under the dash or some action happening in the front seat?
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

i have no idea what happened. the guy can barely speak english and dosen't understand a word i'm trying to say to him. he brought the car here and told me he has to unhook his battery every night so it will start in the morning.

This might help though...

- The White and Yellow wires in the IGN switch harness are the ones they jumped togather.
      - With them hooked up and the key OFF, the radio and HVAC are powered
      - When the key is turned RUN and the wires are connected everything works as it should
      - When the key is turned to RUN and the wires are disconnected there is nothing
      - When the key is turned to START and the wires disconnected it will start, but as soon as it returns to RUN the car will die. I can hold the key halfway between START and RUN and the car will run.
      My Rides:

Comment

hmmm thats strange .... take the jumpers off and tracew ur wires back to the fuse box just checkin to see if theres a pinched wire also... let me flipp over to check the wireing thats posted in a sticky.... ps does this car have an aftermarket alarm system?
        Members Ride sold...

Comment

no alarm, no hacked wiring. i'll check them out with an ohmeter. could the main relay cause this? i feel like a moron but i changed that black box on the inside fuse panel, not the main relay...
          My Rides:

Comment

ok since its jumped someone knew there was an issue.

check the big fuses in the engine bay, CHECK CLOSLY they are easilly overlooked...if u can put a meter on both sides.

now take down the ignition column, and temporary disconnect the jumper that he did....now with the key in the ON position probe the back of the ignition switch solder joints....dont touch metal. test the wire that has no power, if there isnt any power on it when the key is in the on position then its a bad ignition switch.

the job of that ignition switch is to transfer power from that white wire to all the other leads, if it has none then it hasnt done its job.

main relay is only if it doesnt start but it will crank....does the car run at all?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the car will run if i connect the white and yellow wires togather, otherwise it won't start. it'll crank but not start.
              My Rides:

Comment

must be an ignition lead then, did u try and do what i told you?
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  must be an ignition lead then, did u try and do what i told you?
                  x2 keep us posted on how its goin.
                  Members Ride sold...

Comment

no... i didnt have my ohmeter at the shop, and i have no idea where it is at home. might have to go out and grab one. guess a test light would work just as good tho...
                    My Rides:

Comment

Working...
                    X