H22A Oil Pressure Light on under 1k rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Oil Pressure Light on under 1k rpm

i was at the strip tonight and on my last pass it started to run a little rough. Still strong, but rough at takeoff. About halfway home from the track the oil pressure light was on under 1000rpm. Once i got just around the corner from my shop the oil pressure light was flashing. first thing i did was an oil change on it, oil was a little dirty, but the level was decent. put fresh oil in and the lights still on. my car is still on the hoist... so i don't know if there is still the vibration at takeoff... i would assume its still there.
    My Rides:

Originally posted by demortey@mac.co View Post
    i was at the strip tonight and on my last pass it started to run a little rough. Still strong, but rough at takeoff. About halfway home from the track the oil pressure light was on under 1000rpm. Once i got just around the corner from my shop the oil pressure light was flashing. first thing i did was an oil change on it, oil was a little dirty, but the level was decent. put fresh oil in and the lights still on. my car is still on the hoist... so i don't know if there is still the vibration at takeoff... i would assume its still there.
    Okay so what are you waiting on . You should do this first change the oil then oil filter dont use fram or another cheap brand. Get an authentic oil filter. Then change the oil pressure sending until.

Its just above the oil filter i think and it screws into the back of the block. And also if that doesnt stop that oil light blinking issue. You just may have to change the oil pump on there. I wouldnt drive far until you get that fixed. thats not an issue to mess around with or second guess.

Comment

well the car is parked until it gets figured out. guess im usin the dealer plate n cruisin in a cd5 for a while
      My Rides:

Comment

well the car is parked until it gets figured out. guess im usin the dealer plate n cruisin in a cd5 for a while
        I just told you what to do Try those out first remember oil pressure switch,change oil and use authentic honda oil filter not fram or off brand, Last but more costly if that dont work oil pump may be on its way out.

Comment

i did the oil change with a hamp oil filter (ordered 10 from ebay, just came in yesterday) and castrol gtx 5w30. light is still on. its 1AM... im gonna try to change out the oil pressure switch tomorrow and see what happens
          My Rides:

Comment

i changed the pressure switch, same thing. now that the engine is cold it almost sounds like i have a broken valve spring. theres lots of noise coming from the valve cover... when i get a chance i'll crack 'er open and see whatsup
            My Rides:

Comment

i changed the pressure switch, same thing. now that the engine is cold it almost sounds like i have a broken valve spring. theres lots of noise coming from the valve cover... when i get a chance i'll crack 'er open and see whatsup
              shit well you know what you gotta do now cowboy get it crackin. Goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                shit well you know what you gotta do now cowboy get it crackin. Goodluck.
                My Rides:

Comment

allright... everything visually looks fine under the valve cover. no loose rockers, springs are all intact, oil comes up from the passages into the head. next step i guess is to get my hands on an oil pressure gauge and give that a shot...
                  My Rides:

Comment

your oil pump pickup might have just enough crap sucked up in there to prevent some flow at low rpm's. might check that next if you still are having issues. is your oil pan in good shape?
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                      your oil pump pickup might have just enough crap sucked up in there to prevent some flow at low rpm's. might check that next if you still are having issues. is your oil pan in good shape?

good idea... the oil pan looks fine, not cracked or anything. its an Aluminum pan (OBD2 H22A). never had it off tho
                      My Rides:

Comment

theres an oil sound coming from the engine... almost like when the filter gasket screws up putting the filter on and it leaks around the gasket.

Does anyone have any idea what that possibly could be?
                        My Rides:

Comment

Oil filters are not the problem. You change oil sending unit, oil level is fine, obviously your problem is internal, assuming you have no major oil leaks outside the car (which you should have known by now).

You say your oil pan is fine, no dents, etc. Remove it and inspect the underside of your block. Remove, inspect the oil pickup. I'd inspect and replace its gasket (cheap). If things look OK, it's probably your oil pump that is the problem.

Any debris in your oil or coming out the front main seal? Are you getting knocking sounds from your motor (i.e. engine bearings)?
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

either the oil pump or about to spin a bearing since the clearance(s) are probably excessive.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If it does develop knock and is a engine bearing problem, more than likely you ran the oil at low levels while abusing the motor or your oil pump is going bad/while you abuse the motor. Another reason could be you are over-revving the motor, past its design limit (potentially with low oil levels as well).

NOTE: When I mentioned low oil levels, also inferior oils that don't provide the necessary protection could be a factor.

If you did not do the above, then the previous owner may have and you've paid for their mistakes.
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X