No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1991 Accord EX-R (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart idea with the paint for the brake light! IMO, I think all red tails and it being black housed would look better. To me the black just doesn't blend well with that color \

And those CD5 side markers wouldn't look half bad.

And amber prelude turn signals would look sick!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Prelude lights wont fit because the wagon signals are a totally different size and shape.

I don't want to blackhouse the tails, I like them as they are.

And here's a funny thought. I'm contemplating selling the coupe. I literally have no use for it with having the wagon now and it'll just be a money pit.

If I sell it, I'll buy some flip projects to make some cash and pay off my credit card. ($5300)

Comment

n
        Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Prelude lights wont fit because the wagon signals are a totally different size and shape.

I don't want to blackhouse the tails, I like them as they are.

And here's a funny thought. I'm contemplating selling the coupe. I literally have no use for it with having the wagon now and it'll just be a money pit.

If I sell it, I'll buy some flip projects to make some cash and pay off my credit card. ($5300)
        Like the guy in the sonic slushie commercials... Oooh.... No!

Waugh to much work in the coupe !

Sell me your wagon! Lol jk... Getting rid of debt is always a wise thing, but seeing as how you could have one car down for a motor swap or project for a bit you might keep then both for a while. Seems like you did so much work on the coupe only to want to leave it when you got to a point of making it a nice all around ride. Just my .02
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Yeah, I got up to the point where it started to cost money I don't have.

Financially it makes no sense to build it. I'll be $8000-10k into the coupe by the time it's built. I'm already $3500 into it.

I bought the wagon so I could daily it while the coupe goes down for the swap, but many factors are playing into my idea of backing out now,

I listed the coupe for sale today, so I will see if I get any bites. I also took it off insurance, so it's just parked in my driveway now. I've driven it twice in the last 3 weeks.
          Last edited by crazymikey; 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

but didnt you already buy a h22 motor?You should throw it in the wagon now.That would be cool as hell.

Comment

The seller of the motor has been dicking me around for weeks and I was finally supposed to go get it last weekend and then he says he's out of town.

Then he text's me this week and says "I'll have the motor out this week, but I need all the money when you pick it up cuz I need it for my project" and I was just like "the deal was pay half now, pay the other half later."

So, right now I can easily walk away from it and not give a shit. I'm tired of waiting, and if I do pick it up, then I'm committing myself to a long expensive project that will take forever to finish because I do not have the money to do such an awesome build that I want to do.

By selling the car for $2500-3000, I can make some bank, buy some cars to flip and gradually build up some cash, while in the process spending some to fix up the wagon. The main goal would be to completely clear up my credit card debt and be financially responsible for a while, and then I can start on something.

While it would hurt to lose the coupe, I feel like I'm even starting to lose interest in it because I feel like I've plateaued with it and the H22 is the only next step to being completely finished. Whereas with the wagon, I have always wanted one, and I got the perfect wagon. I feel so selfish because IMO, I have the best possible combination of CB's in my driveway right now.

If it came down to getting rid of one, I would choose to keep the wagon over anything.

Comment

I understand. If it means taking that huge debt from hanging over of your head ,then do it.

If the guy is starting to give you a hard time, go get your money back for the motor.And if you do get the motor, flip it for cash to paint the wagon

Comment

I havent even paid for the motor yet, so that's why it's easy to walk away. He doesn't even have it out of the Prelude yet. It's been since like June that I've been waiting.

But I have a $7000 credit debt hanging over my head I'd like to clear up. If the car doesn't sell, I'll just hang onto it and see what happens. It's not like I don't have the space to park it. And it makes a great parts car for the wagon lol.

Comment

You clearly have a soft spot for the wagon, so I agree with you selling the coupe The H22 guy, well if he's goofing you around now, he'll always be, don't pay him a cent and delete his contact info. I've always hated wagons to be honest..., until recently

Comment

I've always been a fan of wagons and hatchbacks in general, and I think the CB9 is one of the nicest wagon body styles because it isn't a blocky squared off rear end. The way the hatch slopes down on an angle and matches the rear door C pillar line makes it IMO one of the most aesthetically pleasing wagon styles.

Since selling my Mazda 3 hatch, I really missed the versatility of it that I gained back in the wagon.

Comment

Legend lip installed, and plastidipped with the bumper. New Low Life decal.

Legend lip doesn't like my driveway

Ordered some 3000k halogen high beam bulbs and some 4300k DDM HIDs for the low beams. Headlights in this car are so freakin useless. I was driving lastnight in the rain and I couldn't even see the road unless I had my high beams on with the yellow tint.

With HIDs on the way, I'll need to look into a projector setup ASAP, and open up these headlights for the 3rd time.

Comment

Legend lip looks good. I had some blacked bumper lights a long time ago, I think a pair would look good on your car.

So what low beam bulb did you get? Everyone seems to be getting the mini d2s lenses now, did you order d2s or stock bulbs? Not hard to get the adapter to switch later, but still costs a bit more for 2nd pair of bulbs/sockets as you can't really mod our stock bulbs to work in d2s housing.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I just got 9006s so I can use them right away. These lights were never very good in the coupe, and they're just as bad in the wagon.

I don't do much night driving though. However, by mid winter it gets dark around 5pm.

My next project will be a projector install.

I don't know how long the Legend lip will last. It looks awesome, but it scrapes my driveway and dips in the road. I have a feeling it may get wrecked, which will suck, because I spent 2 years searching for one.

Comment

Daaaaammmn, this wagon keeps getting better and better!

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I got the same legend lip on my sedan and only riding on S techs and koni yellows, and I scrape stuff if I'm not careful. I scraped even with stock height.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X