rear brakes wont lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear brakes wont lock

driving in the super heavy snow today i checked to see how my brakes were just rolling around a snow filled parking lot

the front brakes lock up when i press hard , but the back brakes don't at all.

it seems unreasonable to me that under such frictionless conditions that the rear brakes aren't locking up too which leads me to beleive that they are barely working at all. they only lock up if i pull the ebrake handle

I'm thinking this might explain why I've had 3 or 4 pairs of front rotors replaced in the past 50k from warping , becuase the rear brakes aren't actually working. I just recently had new shoes put on them as well.

Easiest way to check is to jack up the rear, spin the tires and have a helper press the brake pedal. Make sure they are adjusted correctly (if they aren't, you should have extra brake pedal travel). Make sure they are bled well. Did they install new springs, retainers, etc. when the shoes were replaced? Could be a bad proportioning valve.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

To set the distance the shoes are from the drum you need to brake in reverse . It could be that simple if you rarely back up like always parking on the street etc.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
      X