LSD tranny for f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD tranny for f22a6

I got a stock 92 ex coupe. In a couple months am replacing my tranny. WOuld like a lsd tranny. What are my options. THe car is completely stock and i want to keep it that way. I don't want a used tranny. A rebuilt one is good whether it be the same as i got in there now or an LSD. What are my options. Are there any lsd's for this car that fit in there same as oem. I really just want an lsd for the traction reasons. I live in colorado and i like getting better traction when it snows.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 01-30-2018, 10:12 AM.

You have a few options. What you spend will be determined by how strictly you want to stick to your own guidelines, and how flexible you are in ordering parts from multiple sources.

The only way to meet your criteria 100% is to call up a company like Synchrotech and tell them what transmission you want, and that you want it with an LSD installed. Your transmission choice will be determined by the gearing you prefer, and they can even mix gear sets to give you Prelude 1-4 gears and an Accord 5th. They can also do either the Prelude 4.266 or Accord 4.026 final drive ratios. Opting for an LSD from them would get you an MFactory unit installed, which is a VERY high quality unit. They usually want a core, but since you don't really have an equivalent to send back, you'd probably be stuck with it. I would expect something like this to cost between $2100 and $2500, depending on whether or not you elected for upgraded synchros for the lot as well. You would have one of the best transmissions you could get with effectively zero miles on it.

If you don't need new synchros, and you're willing to budge a bit on the "new" requirement, then a T2W4 from an Accord Euro-R can be sourced for around $1100 for a very good condition one. You could call Steve from Hmotors and have him find you the nicest one he can. His reputation speaks to the effort he puts into giving his customers quality products. It would come from Japan where low-mileage engines and transmissions are more easily sourced. There are other options using this method, such as the M2B4 from the 4th generation Prelude, or the T2T4 from an Accord SiR with the F20B, but they usually don't appear to have been cared for as well. That's completely objective in the case of the T2T4, but the M2B4 is considerably older, and is a far cry from "new" at this point.

Another option would be to get in touch with someone like Dale from Gear Driven in Florida and have him source a used transmission for you in the gearing you want. That could be any number of the Accord transmissions out there, or a Prelude transmission such as an M2S4, M2F4 or M2Y4. That decision needs to be made based off of your intended driving style. Anyhow, then he can source all of those parts for you with minimal markup and perform the reassembly. Assuming he's able to find a local transmission for under $500, he could very well beat Synchrotech's pricing for a fully assembled transmission with an LSD installed.

I think the T2W4 is going to be your most cost-effective bet.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you have a manual, you can get an LSD to put in your OEM trans. I had a Quaiffe (Pretty pricy) in my car, but you can get others as well. Cusco (pricy), Wavetrac (Pricy), OBX, Phantom Grip, etc. If it is made for the Prelude it will fit the Accord.

If you have an automatic you will have to go with a JDM LSD transmission, as no one (that I know of) makes an aftermarket unit for the automatics. If you can find one.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

That's alot to take in. It's a 5 speed i got btw. Am replacing it cause i have no 5th gear and shops want way too much to just replace the broken part. I just want posi traction for the snow. Closest thing i'll get to traction control on this car. I already got snow tires which work very well in snow. Am thinking of going with synchrotech as their tranny's seemed priced well. Some others are just too expensive. Anyone know about synchrotech. Good company?

Comment

Synchrotech in Cali is a great company and many people have used them. If I didn’t get a good deal on my T2W4, I was going to have them rebuild my tranny and put a mfactory lsd in it.

If you do decide to go prelude tranny or T2W4 you will have to drill and tap the studs to use Accord tranny mount
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Keep in mind that the pricing you see for their transmissions online are for transmissions rebuilt to OEM spec.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I got my trans from GearSpeed in SoCal. It was expensive, but 10 years later (when I sold the car) it was still shifting like new. H2U5 with carbon synchros, 4.266 final drive and Quaiffe LSD was about $2300. They may give you money for your old trans as a core. Bullet proof and built to stay that way. I would definitely buy from them again.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                I got my trans from GearSpeed in SoCal. It was expensive, but 10 years later (when I sold the car) it was still shifting like new. H2U5 with carbon synchros, 4.266 final drive and Quaiffe LSD was about $2300. They may give you money for your old trans as a core. Bullet proof and built to stay that way. I would definitely buy from them again.
                $2300 is a bit more than i want to spend. Am looking at the stock synchrotech tranny with lsd possibly. I only want better traction in snow.

Comment

Working...
                X