Roll Cage Fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Cage Fabrication

Im Going to be starting this this week and will post up some pics as progress gets made, Keep in mind that this is a budget build and I will be using most tools anyone can get their hands on.

We had a Moroso 8 point EG civic Cage Laying around the shop, I figued why not see how its fits. With luck all the bends and the size is perfect for our cars, and the material thickness is just perfect for the CB7's weight according to NHRA standards.

Last edited by Legacy Accord; 04-16-2009, 12:56 AM.

Keep us updated dawg . I'm thinking of getting one installed but not soon though.
    "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

yea but how os the height of the cage in the cb7? im def keeping subscribed, cant wait to see how you do fish mouths.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yea this will be awesome to follow, subscribing as well

Comment

yea i doubt the main hoop is even close to being tall enough. prefabbed cages are a nightmare its so much easier to bend everything yourself and get it to fit perfect against the plastics in the car.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            yea i doubt the main hoop is even close to being tall enough. prefabbed cages are a nightmare its so much easier to bend everything yourself and get it to fit perfect against the plastics in the car.
            how bend self if no have hydraulic pipe bender?
            ____

Comment

don't they sell a hand pipe bender? but i am def. going to follow this one.....good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                how bend self if no have hydraulic pipe bender?
                there was an episode of trucks they heated the shit out of the bar and had made a wooden jig so when the metal was hot enough they could just bend it around the shape they wanted
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

we use a hand operated mandrel bender.

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you also probably have a shop
                    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i do now but last three cages we did we set the bender up in my buddies back yard and did them in the garage

member ride thread
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Alright so today I got the main hoop in place and believe it or not It lined up pretty good, the base was actually to wide for the cb7 and the legs needed to be cut 5.5".
                        I will be building box supports to mount the cage on to (Always better then just flat plate on the floor anyways)

Keep in mind this is a Backyard style project to demonstrate how anyone with some skill can do this type of stuff with basic hand tools and some time.

The cars interior will stay stripped and will be used as a street and weekend track car.

Last edited by Legacy Accord; 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Subscribed

I am subscribing, this going to be interesting. It looks good to me, but I know nothing about cages so I will let those that do say how it is going.

Good luck though.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Nice.

With some luck, I'll be following in your footsteps with my CRX.
                            Also, there is no such thing as too many pictures.

Comment

ooooo 2" DOM??

looks cool, let us know if it noticeably stiffens the chassis afterwards. remember to round off the edges of the mounting plates so it wont act as a can opener in a crash and tear youe unibody a new asshole just a suggestion in general to people who may follow this idea up, but it seems like you got it all down already.

Comment

Working...
                              X