CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
SkunkCb7
Newcomer

SkunkCb7 is cool... so far.
d4 light blinks

Hi I have a 93 accord and my d4 light on my cluster has started blinking... I read up and saw shift solenoid might be the problem but I changed it with a new one and still gets d4 light .. Can it be anything else ?
SkunkCb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #2
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Keep reading and searching and you will find how to check the codes and eventually find out it is actually your TCU that burned out. The longer you drive it in this condition the more damage you will do. Your car is in limp mode most likely and it will be wearing on only 2nd and 3rd gear's clutch packs.

Other symptoms might include but are not limited to:
Shifter not wanting to shift from park position
Slow acceleration from a stop
High RPMs at 70mph
Feels like it only has two gears
Kicks in and out of overdrive
there are a few more symptoms, search for "TCU codes" on the forum, if you can't get it to return a code then most likely the TCU is bad.

Last edited by wildBill83; 11-16-2014 at 05:52 AM.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
SkunkCb7
Newcomer

Thanks for the reply . I changed both lock up solenoid and shift solenoid because I read that it could be those but I also had a feeling it was the tcu.. It flashes after 50 mph
Old 11-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
I was troubleshooting a high idle when warm today. I'm not sure why at the moment, but simply disconnecting the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor caused my D4 light to flash on a 92 EX coupe automatic.

INVENTORY REDUCTION! LOTS of CB7 parts - you need it? you can have it. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #5
emosun
CB7tuner Member

emosun is cool... so far.
When you get a tcu , get em from the junkyard and grab 3 of them , they burn out a lot. If you pull em from a yard they're only a few bucks.
emosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Pull the code, fix the problem, reset the computer. Stop guessing.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
cb9heart
Newcomer

cb9heart is cool... so far.
^ what fleetw00d said.
cb9heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Pull the code, fix the problem, reset the computer. Stop guessing.

The flashing D4 is indicative of a TCU error code. Until you pull the code, you don't know which of the 2 dozen things it could be indicating is causing the problem.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emosun View Post
When you get a tcu , get em from the junkyard and grab 3 of them , they burn out a lot. If you pull em from a yard they're only a few bucks.
For the price of 3 junk tcu you could just buy a refurbished unit with updated electronic components that won't burn out. OP still hasn't pulled codes. You give out some odd advice emosun.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
SkunkCb7
Newcomer

If i wanted to find out what code it throws out what do i need to have in order to initiate that test? I have the car manual with codes i believe. I just dont kno how to jump it in order to find what code it throws
Old 11-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #11
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Look at the top of this section. You will find the answer you need in the thread marked "READ HERE FIRST".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: