CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Lucky#CB7
Newcomer

Lucky#CB7 is cool... so far.
Rims...what can fit on our stock 4 bolt

currently rim shopping for used rims that im looking to refinish
and im wondering if acura el, rsx or civic si or si-r rims would fit on our stock 4bolts without any issue

as im not really a big "rim" guy im not too familiar with what fits and if certain hubs are drastically different, if anyone knows what rims fit good and can offer some advice that would be great
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member

ThatOneAccord is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky#CB7 View Post
currently rim shopping for used rims that im looking to refinish
and im wondering if acura el, rsx or civic si or si-r rims would fit on our stock 4bolts without any issue

as im not really a big "rim" guy im not too familiar with what fits and if certain hubs are drastically different, if anyone knows what rims fit good and can offer some advice that would be great
Those are 5 lug, the 1999/2000 Si are 4 lug and they don't look good on the CB IMO.

The Acura RL is 5 Lug.

Just do a 5 lug conversion, you'll have a better choice of rims for you'r car. If not, you can get the rims re-drilled.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
mtnbikaah
Contributing Member

mtnbikaah is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
Those are 5 lug, the 1999/2000 Si are 4 lug and they don't look good on the CB IMO.

The Acura RL is 5 Lug.

Just do a 5 lug conversion, you'll have a better choice of rims for you'r car. If not, you can get the rims re-drilled.
99/00 civic si wheels don't fit our lug pattern anyways...

we have LOTS of 4 lug options as seen in this thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2966884

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
ThatOneAccord
CB7tuner Member

ThatOneAccord is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikaah View Post
99/00 civic si wheels don't fit our lug pattern anyways...

we have LOTS of 4 lug options as seen in this thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2966884
But those are OEM, we don't know if wants OEM or aftermarket.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Lucky#CB7
Newcomer

oem or aftermarket, pretty much any rims that can go on our CB's from another accord, or any other acura/honda for that matter. preferably oem ones as budget is somewhat of a factor and i see lots of honda rims floating around locally
Old 06-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
redlined302
CB7tuner Member

redlined302 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to redlined302
Just make sure what ever wheels you decide to go with are 4x114.3 lug pattern. A lot of the civic wheels are all 4x100 lug pattern.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
Lucky#CB7
Newcomer

thats exactly the info i was looking for! so basically anything thats not 4x114 wont fit?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Anything that isn't 4x114.3 is like putting a square peg through a round hole.

Look for any rim with that lug pattern, and an offset between +38 and +45... more or less can be used, but those offsets should fit with no additional modification.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Be aware that some rims, including some other factory Honda rims, may require you to run 5mm spacers on the fronts to clear the calipers.

4 bolt Integra Type R wheels (like in my sig pic) and 88-91 Acura Legend teardrop rims are a couple examples that will require such spacers.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Do you know the offset of those wheels that require spacers? And do you know the offset of stock alloys (you'd think I would know that by now, but I don't!)

Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
dockinrez
CB7tuner Member

dockinrez is cool... so far.
My Datsun z wheels are 4x114.3 with a +15 offset and the front wheels NEED spacers to clear the brakes... And a bit of sanding to the brake bracket. I hope no one else used these wheels though
Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
dockinrez
CB7tuner Member

Advice= if your looking for factory wheels and wanna step away from the usual Honda, look into older cars. 4X4.5 equals 4x114.3 correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
dockinrez
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Do you know the offset of those wheels that require spacers? And do you know the offset of stock alloys (you'd think I would know that by now, but I don't!)
91 ex wheels are a +50
But I believe requirement of spacers has less to do with offset and more to do with wheel design and actual back spacing from the spokes <=less then hub
Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Yeah, 114.3mm = 4.5"

And you're probably right about the clearance. Some wheels require a spacer because the inner edge is too close and will hit when turning the wheel, but perhaps not the OEM wheels.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
alekp92jdm
CB7tuner Member

alekp92jdm may have said something they shouldn't have...
Since were talking about rim fitments what's a good offset for a nice flush look
Old 07-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
Amiss
CB7tuner Member

Amiss is cool... so far.
will bbs wheels fit on or would I need to convert? looking to get some nice gold wheels. either that or some white diamond racing wheels, but I don't think they'd look too good on my car with the color it is.

just have cheapy xxr wheels now
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
cuate01221
CB7tuner Member

cuate01221 seems to have made some friends! cuate01221 seems to have made some friends!
It depends if the wheels are 4x114.3 or not. If they are 4x114.3 they will fit. Also it is best to buy wheels with a +38 through +45 offset. If a rim is 5 lug is won't fit. If it is 3 lug it won't fit. If it is 4x100 it won't fit. If it is 4x108(mostly those damn Fords!) it won't fit.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiss View Post
will bbs wheels fit on or would I need to convert? looking to get some nice gold wheels. either that or some white diamond racing wheels, but I don't think they'd look too good on my car with the color it is.
BBS is a brand. They make many different sizes and fitments. Some will fit, some will not.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that any wheel with the proper bolt pattern, width, and offset will fit... any wheel with improper bolt pattern, width, and offset will not. Simple as that. End of story.

Closed Thread

Tags
4 bolt , advice , rims , stock

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: