Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Blacked out Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
    Blackhoused tails look good. Tint or vinyl just always looks tacky and cheap to me.
    My shop manager gets a tint film for his, I don't remember who makes it. He's only done solid red tails. Up close if you really look you can tell it's film. I'll probably go with that on both of mine until I get a couple 92/93 sedan deck lids to run the "JDM" red/whites

Comment

yunghogg93.. your talking about the red and clears right? i know a place that there going for about 120ish ill link ya it. id go read/clears or stock. i have aftermart ones there cool i like them but i dont love them. they were cheap and a quick fix at the time, im going to get red/clears next

90/91
      http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...Red_Clear.html

92/93
      http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...Clear_4Dr.html
      work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Comment

Originally posted by FGR View Post
        yunghogg93.. your talking about the red and clears right? i know a place that there going for about 120ish ill link ya it. id go read/clears or stock. i have aftermart ones there cool i like them but i dont love them. they were cheap and a quick fix at the time, im going to get red/clears next

90/91
        http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...Red_Clear.html

92/93
        http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...Clear_4Dr.html
        Thanks Bro!! that is what I was looking for..

Comment

no problem man post pics when you get em
          work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Comment

Originally posted by FGR View Post
            no problem man post pics when you get em
            I gotcha.. It mite be a while before I post pics cause I have to do alot of body work..so stay tuned

Comment

Haha... I sprayed the lightest coat of that tint crap on my tails and clearcoated it like 5-8 years ago... Long story short, I gotta $200 ticket for my lights omitting the wrong color along wit a $250 ticket for 20% tint in the front 2 windows and my lights were very visible
              4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

I'm glad the cops did it, too. There's simply no reason a modification like that should be permitted. It is hindering my ability to see you to some degree and it's senseless.

I'm just waiting for one of these super trendy modifications to come along that actually IMPROVES safety. It's almost as if it would be against some code for that to be the case.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

There are some "trendy" mods but people just do them and no one complains. Bigger brakes, better suspension, racing seats with harnesses, projector headlight mods, etc.

Comment

You don't understand what being "trendy" means, do you? If it's a mainstay in the car modification hobby because of its merit relating to car performance then how is it a trendy modification?
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      You don't understand what being "trendy" means, do you? If it's a mainstay in the car modification hobby because of its merit relating to car performance then how is it a trendy modification?
                      Exactly. Performance modifications are not trendy at all. They all have a purpose.

Trendy mods are leopard print lips, tinted tails, hellaflush wheels, neon lights, bozozoku exhaust pipes, sticker bombing, etc.......all of those things are just for looks. They have no actual benefit to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                        Trendy mods are leopard print lips, tinted tails, hellaflush wheels, neon lights, bozozoku exhaust pipes, sticker bombing, etc.......all of those things are just for looks. They have no actual benefit to the car.
                        ooo ok that's why the viper down the street keeps smoke me lol.
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Just FYI, tinting the taillights can become a liability issue.

If you are rear-ended and the other driver claims that your taillights are hard to see because of the tint, then the insurance agency can find you to be at fault for the car accident (partial fault). Not worth it to me.

Comment

I used to think tinting tails was cool, now it just annoys me when I cannot see that your braking until I'm right on your bumper. form<function wins on this one.

now if you were tired of the amber color and painted them with red... that might not affect the brightness of the brake light/turns

If you could have LED's and be as much or more visible than factory, you win.

Comment

Big mistake in my opinion dont tint them

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
                                Haha... I sprayed the lightest coat of that tint crap on my tails and clearcoated it like 5-8 years ago... Long story short, I gotta $200 ticket for my lights omitting the wrong color along wit a $250 ticket for 20% tint in the front 2 windows and my lights were very visible
                                I was going to say, I know various people that have been pulled over and ticketed for doing this. It really doesn't matter how you do it. Vinyl or spray either way that's just a big sign on your cars ass saying pull me over. Although, I have seen smoked taillights previously that were very cool, they were just barely darker then the OEM taillights and there was just this look to them that was awesome in my opinion. It seemed very hard to do and very dependent on how you do it though, I wouldn't even try to attempt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X