Timing/balance shaft belt replacement Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing/balance shaft belt replacement Q's

Im about to do a timing belt and balance shaft belt replacement and i found a write up that is for a f22b1 and i was wondering if there is any difference between the f22b1 and my f22a1 as far as changing the belts go. If anyone has done this and can give me a heads up on things to watch out for so i dont miss something up id appreciate it and im going to do this either way so please no flaming for having to ask. Thanks.

Yes, it's the same.

Just saying, "no flaming", while technically flaming is not allowed on the site anyway, is like Ricky Bobby saying to Mr. Dennet, "With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed." To those of us who know how easily accessed this information is it sounds like you're telling us I didn't search a lick but don't scold me for it! Just hand me the answer, please.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Yes, it's the same.

Just saying, "no flaming", while technically flaming is not allowed on the site anyway, is like Ricky Bobby saying to Mr. Dennet, "With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed." To those of us who know how easily accessed this information is it sounds like you're telling us I didn't search a lick but don't scold me for it! Just hand me the answer, please.
      I'm not trying to flame at all i just dont like getting flamed for asking a serious question. I did do my research. Im not trying to be spoon fed. It says right in the write up i found that the process may be the same for the F22a1 and others i just wanted someone thats done it/seen it done to both. I guess i dont know how to ask a question without making it sound like i havent already researched or causing a problem/breaking the rules on this forum. So next time i will think real hard about asking before i do. Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

I don't mean to say you can't ask questions like that. But, in this particular instance, replacing the timing belt is something that has been covered very thoroughly here. There are links to guides old and new as this is something many of us have had to do at one time or another. So asking if they're the same is something that would have been answered by having searched the topic for a few moments here.

If you had said nothing at all about being "flamed" then your question would have been answered and left alone. I only mean to say that you can't put up a protective shield just by saying that you don't want people to get on to you. Cover yourself by actually doing the research and asking confidently.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
        X