CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
ssondubs
CB7tuner Member

ssondubs is cool... so far.
When i had my old H2A5 trans I was 3 mph slower than the 70 indicated on the dash with the 205/55-15 compared to stock 185/70-14 on my LX coupe (GPS verified).
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
Soufkackicustom
CB7tuner Member

Soufkackicustom seems to have made some friends! Soufkackicustom seems to have made some friends!
My speedo is off 5 mph...rides fine to me, everyone that drives it says it righe good. I do feel the bumps a bit more, and have to be careful for big pot holes...but have no rubbing issues...I run 225/35's on my 20's.....daily driver. Will lower it soon, if it runs a bit...oh well..if it runs alot, I'll sell the 20's......I got a set of 18's I got my eyes on

20x7.5 +42 offset is my current set up, and I have under 2000 miles on the entire suspension....every bushing, boot, ball joint...and even the power steering rack is new...not from the 20's, but because it was a 21 year old car when I got it

Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 02-26-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Soufkackicustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #23
iamninja28
Newcomer

iamninja28 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordz View Post
Looks like from tire rack with some Yokohama tires its like $971 shipped to my door and mounted and balanced, might want to consider that.
They shop im using is doing a lot of underbody work as well with the rims and tires, im getting balance, rotation, some engine work, and heavy detailing to get her looking new again for the new rims. He's charging me $1100 for a $1600 job since its being done at a more professional shop.
iamninja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #24
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends! HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamninja28 View Post
So the spedometer is my top worry.
Seriously? Like already said, regardless of what rim you decide the speedometer will be affected minimally. I'm pretty sure you can eyeball your speed pretty acurately, and if you can't then you need to just stick with your punk ass stock 14" steelies.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
iamninja28
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardInThePaint View Post
and if you can't then you need to just stick with your punk ass stock 14" steelies.
Well one, i found an adapter to help adjust it, and 2, if your going to be a dick about someone trying to get a job done right, do it outside of my thread.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends! HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Well one, i found an adapter to help adjust it, and 2, if your going to be a dick about someone trying to get a job done right, do it outside of my thread.
Whenever you get through with the bloodclot crying, get what job done right you're asking about rims and speedometers. Secondly, if you found an adapter then the speedometer issue isn't an issue then is it?

Wasn't nobody being a dick. Don't get mad at me because you can't tell how fast or slow you're going and need an adapter to adjust a little ho ass 5 or so mph...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #27
iamninja28
Newcomer

Your of no help to me, this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.

i was given the adapter by a friend who had a spare from when he got rims on his mustang.

If your not answering questions, please stop posting here.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
oni_cb7
CB7tuner Member

oni_cb7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Your of no help to me, this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.

i was given the adapter by a friend who had a spare from when he got rims on his mustang.

If your not answering questions, please stop posting here.
If you got the correct sized tire, then you wouldn't have to worry about the difference in the speedometer because there wouldn't be one.
oni_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
iamninja28
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni_cb7 View Post
If you got the correct sized tire, then you wouldn't have to worry about the difference in the speedometer because there wouldn't be one.
i did some work and research as this thread was answered, i found weeks that fit, widen, and wont rub. And now my spedometer issues are solved.

Thanks to everyone here who was helpful, i should have pics up as soon as i go get them done.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.
OK well too bad nobody was acting like a hardass or making any righteous proclaimations... Just telling shit like it is.
Quote:
i did some work and research as this thread was answered, i found weeks that fit, widen, and wont rub. And now my spedometer issues are solved.
Well there you go then bro good for you! Glad you got your shit together!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
DumbleDore!
CB7tuner Member

DumbleDore! is cool... so far.
You don't have to worry about your ride comfort unless you are running extremely low profile tires. On 15's, I would imagine you would have about 50's or 60's, so you will be fine. You shouldn't have any problems with rubbing unless you are seriously slammed. I've never heard of a speedometer problem when running aftermarket wheels, but it's not to say it doesn't happen.
DumbleDore! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ninja , rims , spedometer , tires , wheels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: