Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cost for water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost for water pump

I took my 1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary Edition to my mechanic to get the coolant leak checked out, and it was the water pump. Now he's asking if I want it replaced, it will be around $500. Is that around the price it should take, should I try to do it myself?

How should we know if you have the capability to do it yourself? Do you have plenty of tools? In this case you'll also need a floor jack and the ability to break a crankshaft pulley bolt loose as well. Are you prepared to spend the associated costs redoing all of the timing components while you're in there? Your mechanic, hopefully, is including those additional things in with that quote.

That's about right, though. This can only be decided by you.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

$500, including all necessary parts... that's a pretty good deal. If you're not up to attempting something like that yourself (usually, anyone who asks random internet strangers, who may be no more experienced than they, tend NOT to have the knowhow...) then having it done professionally for a fair price will at least ensure you don't destroy your engine as soon as you start it up.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help guys, I'm getting it done. He's going to do the timing belt as well so I think it's a good deal. I just read some threads on how to do the job, and I don't really think I would've been able to do it correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X